Trust Issue

Enrique's POV

" Royalty has a lot of secrets." She said. I chuckled.

" Yes, but you know many of them now. You will know all of them soon." I said to her. She chuckled.

" I have secrets too, Enrique. But I don't know if I am ready to reveal it." She said.

" Your secrets!!!" I asked her.

" Yes. Harass truth." She said and I kept looking at her weirdly.

" Truth? Which truth? What are you talking about?" I asked her. She sighed deeply.

" Truth about my mother." She said. I sighed.

" As much as I know your mother was an artist." I said to her and she chuckled.

" Yes, she was. She was very beautiful." She said. " Beauty is not good all the time."

" What are you talking about?" I asked her a bit confused.

" The truth." She said. " One of the worst reality of my life."

" Are you drunk?" I asked her. She chuckled.

" I am not. Why do you think that I am drunk?" She asked me.

" I know all the secrets of you." I said to her.

" Which secrets are you talking about, Enrique?" She asked me back. " The secret I am talking about is not something you can know ever. This secret is only known to my father, my step mom, Louis, Danny and me. Not even Pris knows that." She said to me and I looked at her weirdly.

" Which secret are you talking about?" I asked her but she didn't say anything.

" Let's go back. I am not feeling well." She said and I nodded.

" Ok, come." I said but she stopped me.

" Give me a ride. I will not go back by my own." She said and I chuckled before picking her up in my arms. She wrapped her arms around my neck putting her head on my chest.

" What happened?" I asked her. " Is it paining on your head?"

" Nope. I am mentally a bit stressed these days." She said.

" What kind of stress?" I asked her.

" Just was worried about something. Not worried but someone was trying to irritate me. I decided to do something about it." She said to me.

" Do what?" I asked her. " And who is bothering you?" I asked her.

" Relax. Everything is settled now. No one will bother me anymore." She said. " Even if they bother you are here to help me, right?" She said and I nodded without understanding anything that she said.

" Who was bothering you?" I asked her again.

" I am not in mood of talking about that person." She said and I sighed softly.

" Ok. Tell me when you are comfortable." I said to her and we reached our room after awhile.

The whole path after that incident she didn't say anything. I sighed deeply when she went inside the washroom. I took my phone and called Rony. He can help me in this matter. I have to know the person dared to bother my wife these days. He picked up the call after 3 rings.

" Hello, Rony!!" I said as he picked the call up.

" Yes, Your Highness." He said.

" How is Murphy now?" I asked him.

" He is almost ok, Your Highness." He said. I nodded.

" That's great. I want an information. Can you manage it?" I asked him.

" Sure, Your Highness." He said.

" I want the call recordings of last week of every single one at the palace. I have a doubt that there can be some other people related with Mr. Hamilton." I said to him as I didn't want to make it an issue.

" Ok, Your Highness. You will get it by tomorrow." He said.

" And one more thing, Rony. Keep it secret. Take care of it. There is chances to get it leaked. I don't want such any issues. I hope you understand my point." I said to him.

" Sure, Your Highness. It will not be an issue. Just like you want." He said.

" Very well." I said. " Did you find out who attacked the palace that day?" I asked him.

" Your Highness, they were hired by Mr. Hamilton." He said to me.

" Alright. How is Hamilton family doing now?" I asked him.

" They are trying to find out Mr. Hamilton. But until now aren't succeeded." He said. I sighed.

" Were you there when these things happened?" I asked him.

" No, Your Highness, I took the Ms. Bronwyn... I mean the Queen to hospital." He said and I nodded.

" Ok. No worries. Keep updating me about their moves." I said to him.

" Yes, Your Highness. I will." He said.

" Alright then." I said and hung up.

I checked the mails and talked to Fredo for awhile about this. He assured me that he will find the person out. Who knows who it was who was bothering Adeline!!! I kept my phone aside and she came out of the washroom. She sat next to me.

" Can I have a cup of coffee?" She asked me and I chuckled.

I called Martha and asked for coffee. After awhile she came with coffee. I handed her the coffee cup. She took it silently and sipped on it. I was about to take a sip from my cup but her words stopped me at once.

" Enrique, you know who was the person bothering me these days?" She asked me.

" Who was it?" I asked her. She sighed.

" It's my step mother." She said and took another sip from her coffee.

" Why will she bother you?" I asked her.

" She wants something from me which I don't want to hand her over." She said.

" What does she want?" I asked her.

" She wants everything. She is a greedy woman." She said.

" She wants money?" I asked her.

" She wants all the properties of Bronwyn." She said and I sighed.

" Don't pick her calls up. Don't answer her texts. I am handling it." I said to her and she chuckled.

" If things were that easy then she couldn't be able to blackmail me, Enrique. She has a strong earth under her feet. She has something to scare me." She said.

" What is it? Why are you so scared about it?" I asked her holding her hand. She kept looking away didn't answer me.

" I have seen the worst human being in the world, Enrique. This why I have a trust issue." She said. " But I trust you." She said smiling a bit.