At Any Cost

Adeline's POV

" Will it work?" Mira asked me. I gave her a thumbs up.

" Ok. Wait." She said and picked her phone out to call someone. She dialed the number.

" Hello, Mr. Harrison!!" She said.

" Hello, Ms. Valezquez. My God!!! You called me?! From which direction the sun has risen today?" The guy from the other side of the phone said. Mira chuckled nervously. I gestured her to continue.

" Actually, I was thinking about meeting you but I am too busy these days. You know I am going to Melbourne next week." She said and I nodded.

" Suddenly?" Mr. Harrison asked.

" Ahhh, yeah. I mean everything arranged too fast." She said.

" That's alright." He said.

" Yeah, actually I wanted to talk to you about what our family discussed that day. You know what I mean?" She asked him.

" I can understand. You don't want to get married now." He said to her and she looked at me weirdly. I looked at the phone sharply.

" Umm...yes. I am only 21." She said. "I haven't think about it yet."

" It's ok. I will be waiting for you." He said.

" No, no. Please don't." She said to him. " I mean who knows if my mind gets changed later?" She asked him and I nodded.

" No problem. If that happens then I will accept my fate. I will not blame you." He said.

" I have no plan of getting married any soon." She said.

" No worries. I am ready to give you time. You can take as much as you want. 1 year, 2 yesrs, 5 years, 10 years. I don't have any problem." He said.

" You are not understanding this. You don't have to do that for me." She said.  He chuckled.

" By any chance, is your family forcing you in this relationship?" He asked her.

" No. Not at all. They just want me to be happy and they think you are a good guy." She said.

" What do you think about me?" He asked her back.

" What?" Mira asked him.

" What do you think about me, Miranda?" He asked her.

" Is my opinion important here?" Mira asked him.

" Yes, very." He said.

" I trust them." She said.

" That's great. At least one thing is cleared." He said.

" May be I will like someone else 5 years later." She said to him.

" I told you once I will accept my fate." He said.

" Trust me you will not like it." Mira said.

" I will not settle down until you find your true feelings. If it's me then better but if it's not I will not be upset. Everyone has the right to choose their own life partner." He said.

" Yes. But this thing will make you suffer in the long run." Mira said and sighed deeply. He chuckled.

" Do you have a boyfriend?" He asked her.

" What?! No." Mira said. " If I had a boyfriend then you wouldn't get the chance to talk to me." She said.

" Yeah, I know. No boyfriend will want his girlfriend to talk to someone else." He said.

" I wouldn't talk to you myself. I just don't want to be in such a relationship, Mr. Harrison. I hope you understand my point. I want my freedom. I can't live in restrictions." She said.

" No one is clipping your wings, Miranda. You can live as you want. But if you think you can give me a space in your life then let me know. I will not force you to do anything ever." He said and Mira sighed deeply.

" That's your final decision?" She asked him.

" Yeah." He said.

" Alright then. I have warned you about all the possibilities." She said to him.

" I will keep hoping that you find your true destination." He said to her.

" Ok then. Bye." She said.

" Bye. Take care." He said and hung up.

Mira looked at me with a helpless look. I shook my head.

" See? This guy is not going to give up. I am irritated with him already. I mean why does he has to do things like that?" She asked me.

" You don't like him at all?" I asked her.

" No. Not like that. Actually, I do like him as a person. But I don't feel anything like that for him. I don't know how to make it clear to him." She said to me.

" Why don't you give him a chance? You never know what is waiting for you in future. You never know what is coming in future." I said to her. She sighed.

" I don't want to be in a relationship. I hate to be caged." She said.

" Why do you hate boys, Mira?" I asked her.

" I am not lesbian. Stop asking that again and again." She said rolling her eyes and I chuckled.

" But there should be a reason, right?" I asked her.

" They are cheater." She said.

" Then what about Fredo, Enrique and your cousins Kieran and Alex?" I asked her.

" Exception is not an example." She said.

" Exactly, Mira. One guy did a mistake doesn't mean all the boys are wrong. You shouldn't judge everyone with that one incident." I said to her and she sighed.

" Things are not that easy." She said looking out of the window.

" Ok, I will not force you to do anything but I would love it if you try to late the past go and accept your present for a better future." I said to her. She sighed deeply.

" I will try." She said.

I talked to her for awhile and she left after that. I was searching for Amy but there was no use. She went somewhere with Enrique. I was bored cause Her Highness was busy with some works and I didn't want to bother her. I was bored sitting alone. I was passing His Highness's study room when I found him sitting with Mr. Michael his PA. They were playing  chess.

" Come inside, Adeline." I heard His Highness saying. I smiled and entered the room. " Have a seat." He said but his eyes were still stuck on the chessboard. " How are you doing now?" He asked me.

" I am absolutely fine." I said to him. He nodded.

" Thanks for the surprise yesterday." He said and I looked at him weirdly. He chuckled. " Wanna play?" He asked me.

" Sure. Why not?" I said. " But if I win then?" I asked him.

" Let's see " He said.

" If I win you have to promise me about something. I heard His Highness never ever breaks his promise." I said to him. He chuckled. I smirked. I have to win today. I have to win at any cost.