White Roses

Enrique's POV

" Congratulations, Enrique!!" Fredo's father Mr. Valezquez said and I smiled.

" Thank you, Mr. Valezquez." I said.

" I am very proud of you." He said and I smiled.

" Where is your friend?" He asked me.

" I saw him talking to Miranda awhile back." I said. " That way." I showed him.

" Ok, thanks." He said and left.

I was talking to the guests when I found Antonio. I tried to find the girls at first. Amy and Mira were talking to Prince Kieran and their friends. Adele was talking to my mom. Until now everything is under control. I don't trust this stupid anyways.

" Your Highness!!" He smirked at me and I smiled.

" Hello, Antonio. How are you going?" I asked him.

" I am doing perfectly fine. What about you, cousin? Heard you had an accident few days back?" He asked me and I chuckled.

" I am fine. It was a small incident." I said.

" Be careful. Who knows that small may become fatal some day?" He said wriggling his eyebrows and I nodded smilingly trying to control my anger behind it.

" Oh, cousin Antonio is still here. I see." I heard my wife who stood very close to me and hold my hand tightly.

I looked at her and she gave me one of her most beautiful smile. I smiled back. I am falling in love with this woman more and more day by day. I don't know where is the end of this dangerous attraction. I hope it's endless.

" What happened?" She asked me smilingly and I shook my head.

" Nothing." I said. She nodded.

" Congratulations to both of you." Antonio said.

" Thank you so much, Cousin Antonio." She said to him smilingly.

" You are lucky for having the Queen beside you, Enrique." Antonio said. I was about to say something but my wife took the responsibility to show Antonio his right place.

" There no connection with being lucky it's more like destiny. Match makes in heaven. So, Queen has to stand beside the King." She said fixing the badges on the left side of my chest. I was about to fix it but she didn't let me." It's ok. I am here to do that. People who doesn't have wife can manage it their selves." She said smiling sweetly. I can't understand this woman. Is she in mood of insulting every single person tries to mess up with her today?!

" Thanks." I said to her.

" It's my responsibility, Your Highness. To love and take care of you." She said and smiled. I sighed inwardly. Yeah, right. But I didn't get that love yet. God knows until when I have to wait for that. But I am patient no hurry.

" Good to see you both to clingy." He said and she chuckled.

" This doesn't call clingy, Antonio. This is true love which you still don't have any idea about. If you find it out ever then you will realize what it is between me and His Highness." She said and I chuckled. He laughed.

" You really believe in these kind of things?! True love, falling in love, blindly loving someone etc etc??!" He asked her.

" If I didn't trust on these then I wouldn't give you lecture on such thing. I don't waste my words on such thing. My words are not for wasting on someone who doesn't understand it's value." She said and I sighed.

" Alright. God knows if your so called true love does exist for real. I don't trust in such things" He said.

" Then it's bad luck for you, Cousin Antonio." She said. I hold her hand and shook my head slightly to stop her talking to him much. I literally hate to be in the same place with him.

" What's wrong?" She whispered in my ear heightening herself. 

" Nothing. I think Mom was calling you. You should go and check." I said to her.

" Oh, sure and cousin Antonio, come to the grand dinner tomorrow. You are wholeheartedly invited." She said to him before she left.

" It seems you got the perfect girl for yourself." He said to me and I nodded agreeing with him.

" I agree with you. She is just perfect." I said to her.

" Why does she have to be with you?" He asked me. I was going to answer the question but my dear wife appeared again.

" Because you didn't find me out first. He did. So, it's obvious." She said smilingly.

" Why did you come back?" I asked her.

" Mom wasn't calling me." She said and I sighed.

Luckily Amy and Mira called her and they left the place. Thank God otherwise she would get angry soon because I know Antonio was going to irritate her more. Soon the party ended and we went back to the palace.

I went to my room and found her sleeping on the bed. I sighed deeply. I went to get freshen up. I came back and she was still sleeping. I chuckled pulling the duvet over her. I came out of the room to talk to Mom. I went to my room then but to my surprise the door was locked and there was a note on the door.

Queen is angry with The King. He has to convince her.

P.S. : Queen loves white roses.

P.S.S: It should be plucked by The King himself.

I chuckled seeing that. I knocked on the door.

" What happened?" She responded from inside.

" Can The King know why is Her Highness angry with him?" I asked her.

" Because The King lied to her in the party. Her Highness wasn't calling me that time." She said.

" His Highness is sorry for that." I said.

" You are not forgiven. The Queen wants flowers." She said and I chuckled.

" Your wish is my command." I said to her.

" It better." She said and I came downstairs for collecting her flowers.

I walked into the garden and I found my father there. I knew that he will not like my presence around. I walked to the backyard until he leaves the place. Suddenly I felt someone's hand on my shoulder. I turned to see my father. I stood up at once.

" Your Highness!!!" I said to him and he nodded.

" What are you doing here?" He asked me.

" Can't I come here?" I asked him.

" This is not the answer of my question." He said. I sighed.

" Crown Princess wanted some white flowers." I said.

" And you had to come?" He asked me.

" She demanded." I said. He nodded.

" Walk with me." He said to me.

I nodded but it was very uncomfortable for me. Time changes everything. Once he was the closest friend of mine but everything changed. The scars healed. Time healed everything. But emotional wound can't be healed. There is a mountain of obstacle between up and none of us is ready to break it.

I remember when I was kid I used to say that I will be the King and he used to say that day will be the happiest day for him. Is he happy today??! Who knows?! May be.

" Congratulations for today." He said and I looked at him shocked. He said that??! " Remember what your duties and responsibilities are toward your country." He said. I nodded.

He left the place at once. I sighed softly. Was it fruitful to come here to collect the white roses?!!