Exception Is Not An Example

Adeline's POV

" Your Highness!!" Fredo said to me bowing a bit and I rolled my eyes. "Are you angry with me, Your Highness?" He asked me.

" Your face keeps irritating me." I said to him and he smirked.

" That's your problem?! No worries. I will have a plastic surgery soon. Who do you like other than Enrique? Your celebrity crush? I will try to fix my face just like him." He said. I gritted and Enrique chuckled.

" Did you do a PhD on how to irritate people without any stoppage." I said to him. He smirked wriggling his eyebrows.

" Die." I said.

" Sure. If Your Highness wants that." He said.

" No, Your Highness doesn't want that." I said.

" Thank you so much, Your Highness. For showing kindness to this poor guy." He said dramatically. I clenched my nails.

" I don't know how do you keep this guy." I said to Enrique glaring at Fredo.

" I told you, Enrique, when there will be your wife there will be no space for me in your life." Fredo said and Enrique chuckled.

" Your place in my life will never ever change." Enrique said.

I rolled my eyes. I know it very well that they are not just best friends they are lifeline of each other.

" See, Your Highness. Now get jealous of me." Fredo said poking on my head.

" Hey!!" I glared at him which didn't work on him.

" Look, who called." He showed his phone and it was Mrs. Foghurt, Princess Carolina's aunt. He picked up the call.

" One minute, Mrs. Foghurt." Fredo said and ended the call before connecting her by a video call and we could see the little Princess Celine who was trying to grab the phone. I smiled.

" Hi, Princess." Fredo said to his daughter. She looked at the screen and smiled widely. I chuckled.

" Daddy!!" Mrs. Foghurt said to Celine and she giggled.

" Dadda." She said flashing her rabbit teeth.

" How is Princess doing?" Fredo asked. Enrique chuckled holding my hand.

" What?!" I asked him.

" He is acting like a kid." Enrique said and I chuckled.

Fredo was taking to Celine for awhile and we kept looking at them. A father and his feelings for his daughter.

" I am leaving, Enrique. I will see you in the evening." He said to Enrique as he ended the call. " Bye, Your Highness." He said poking on my head again.

" You!!!" I gritted but he ran out of there laughing. I shook my head.

Celine is going to get spoiled by this guy. Perks of having a crazy dad but it's sure that he loves his daughter more than anything in this world. I hope things gets settled between him and Princess Carolina.

" What are you thinking about?" Enrique asked me and I sighed.

" Thinking about Fredo and Princess Carolina. Until when will they live like this?" I asked him. He smiled.

" Soon things will be change. Remember night ends before dawn." He said and I nodded.

" Obviously." I said to him. " Is it paining?" I asked him about his wound.

" No, I am all fit and fine." He said to me.

" That's great. You are ready to take your responsibility." I said to him and he nodded.

" I am." He said.

" I am also ready to be the Queen, settling down my business here." I said to him. He sighed wrapping his arms around me. I chuckled.

" It's just matter of a few months." I said to him.

" I shouldn't have agreed with this idea." He said to me and I chuckled.

" Is Prince Enrique stepping back now?" I asked him.

" Prince Enrique never ever breaks his promise, Your Highness." He said to me and I rolled my eyes.

If he says don't go for once then my business goes to hell I will not leave. But I know he will not say that ever. Like ever. Stupid!!! Idiot!!! Moron!!! I sighed.

" But it will make me suffer a lot." He said to me.

" Then let's cancel going back." I said to him happily but he shook his head.

" You are going. I am not stopping you." He said and I clutched his throat. He chuckled.

" Is your Highness angry with me?" He asked me. I rolled my eyes.

" You know our family business is very important for me. Because my grandparents worked hard to establish it. My grandparents were best human being I have ever seen. They loved us a lot. But they left us when we were kid. I miss them so much. But still they are in the better place." I said to him and he nodded smilingly.

" They are." He said.

" What about your grandparents? Tell me about them?" I asked him. He looked at me for awhile then looked out of the window but didn't say anything.

" Can we skip this question?" He asked me.

" Why?!" I acted to be surprised. He smiled.

" Just like that. I hadn't spend much time with them. I went to USA to complete my studies." He said to me.

" Why to USA? Were the education system destroyed here in Spain?" I asked him.

" No, people's hearts got poisoned and it made feel suffocating." He said.

I sighed. He is deeply hurt by his father's act but why didn't they try to solve this issue later?!! May be sometimes the ego and emotions overwhelmes people completely.

He never told me about this before. I never thought that he has this much of secrets in his life.

" How mysterious are you, Enrique?" I asked him and he looked at me sharply for awhile.

" How much of it would satisfy you?" He asked me and I chuckled.

" Mystery never makes me feel good." I said to him and he chuckled.

" Then try to make it feel better. Because you will be surprised by a lot of it here." He said and I sighed.

" You should have talked to me clearly about your grandparents, Enrique." I said to him.

" There is nothing good to talk about them. And this why I want to skip this. I don't want to talk bad about them." He said and I sighed.

" I didn't meet your maternal grandparents. Aren't they alive?" I asked him. He sighed.

" No. They are not. My uncle and Aunt live there in Denmark with whom Amy was staying there." He said and I nodded.

" Oh. Ok then." I said. " But what's with His Highness, Enrique? Why don't you guys talk to each other?" I asked him. He looked away.

" He doesn't like me." He said and I sighed deeply. He loves you a lot, Enrique. You both are blinded by your ego.

" No parents hate their children." I said to him.

" Exception is not an example." He said and I sighed inwardly.