Epilogue

22 years later...
Patterson's House
Edinburgh, Scotland
07:00 PM

The party was going on and she was sitting on the corner of the room in the bar with the glass from long. But didn't take a sip yet. She was upset, very very upset. She knows she can't act like a kid but she really wanted to do something terrible. Very very terrible right that moment. But she has promised her brother and she will not. She will not spoil anything. She will tolerate everything happening. She doesn't care about it anymore. No matter what things will not change.

" Ma'am, you didn't take a sip yet." The bartender said. She smiled.

" This is for you." She offered the glass to the bartender.

" Sorry?" He was a bit shocked.

" You do this for everyone. When I was ordering this you said it's your favorite. So, this is my gift for you. Enjoy." She said and he smiled.

She smiled at him back. She stood up and looked at the people for awhile. Everyone was congratulating the couple got engaged awhile back. She hide her tears. She looked at the girl who was smiling at the person she gave her heart and he crushed it under his feet.

You can't lose, Ana. You are Princess Anastasia. You can't lose. You can't let them win. You can't let them hurt you. Just smile. Smile can bring everything under control. She said to herself. She smiled and fixed herself. She controlled her emotions and found someone standing next to her. She chuckled.

" Hello, Princess. How are you doing?" He asked her and she chuckled sadly.

" At least, you don't make fun of me, Leon." She said to him.

" I am sorry, Your Highness. I am really sorry if you are hurt with my words. I had no intention of doing so. I hope you will pardon me for that." He said and she chuckled.

" It's ok. I am just a bit messed. So, I am reacting unnecessarily in every topic. There is nothing wrong you have done. It's me myself who is messed up completely." She said and he sighed.

" I saw you sitting here all the evening. I didn't want to disturb you at this hour. But I heard someone was trying to reach you with a bad intention. So, I couldn't stop myself from warning you." He said.

" That's ok." She said.

" Are you ok? If you are not comfortable with me then I will leave." He said. She looked at him and he got nervous at once. She chuckled.

" Do you love me?" She asked him.

" What?!" His eyes got widened at once.

" I think you do. You are always there whenever I am not feeling well. I should have fallen for you in the first place, Leon." He said and she chuckled. He gulped.

" Your Highness, I-" he was saying but she stopped him.

" Let me complete, Leon. I respect your feelings toward me but I can't love you back like you do." She said. "I love you as my friend but my feelings are dead. I don't feel the same for you like you do for me." She said. " I am so sorry, Leon. I don't feel pity for you. I feel pity on myself. I couldn't recognize the true love. I am a fool. But even everything happened I still can't divert my mind toward you. I am helpless. I can't ever love anyone else. So, I can't be with you. If I be with you then I have to fake my emotions with you. I don't want cheat you. You deserve to be happy. I can't make you happy. You will have someone better than me. I am sorry. I am really very sorry." She said to him.

" You don't have to, Your Highness. I can understand. I will always be with you anytime you need my help." He said and she looked at him. He looked away at once. " As a friend." He said and she chuckled.