Nightmare

Adeline's POV

I was checking my mails when Mira sat next to me and handed me a cup of coffee. It's been one month since Enrique left. I promised him that I won't be upset when he leaves. But it was so hard for me. I am badly stuck with him with all my emotions. There is no way I can come out of that. I don't even want to but I want to concentrate on my works which is important cause I want to go back as soon as it possible.

" Everything ok?" I asked Mira.

" Mr. Harrison came here last night." She said and I nodded.

" So?" I asked her.

" I don't what is happening, Adele. I don't feel anything for him but the way he cares for me it shows clearly that he does love me a lot which makes me feel guilty all the time. What should I do?" She asked me.

" It is making you guilty but if you marry him and can't fall in love with him then it will more messed. It will be like playing with his emotions. You knowing that you can't ever love him you shouldn't go ahead with the relationship. If you think you can fall in love with him one day only then give him a hope. Otherwise don't encourage him." Louis said while typing something on his laptop before I could say anything. I nodded.

" Louis is right, Mira. You shouldn't encourage him if you don't want to involve with him in future. He is a good guy. If he wasn't then you would have rejected him at once but you tried to explain him about your situation. Means he deserves an explanation. We do give explanation to them who we think is worthy of that explantation. I know Mr. Harrison is worthy of that. But if you think you still can't be with him in the end of the day then you should call it off." I said to him.

" You know what happened that day when I tried to call it off. He doesn't want to call it off. He wants to wait for me when I myself am not sure about it." She said to me and I chuckled.

" I can understand your point but it's his life. If he thinks that he will wait then let him. You don't have anything to do here." I said to him.

" I hope he finds someone else I can be free from this thing." She said.

" Did he ask you to meet him?" Louis asked her.

" Nope. Not yet. Just he texted me that he came here last night." Mira said and I chuckled.

" Don't meet him if you don't want to." I said to her.

" I am not worried about that. I am worried about myself. I don't trust myself. My feelings keeps changing. I don't think I can ever fall in love with him. But he didn't want to give up. It is going to hurt him badly. If he thinks things will change for him. But it will not. If I don't feel anything for him then it's from depth of my heart. Nothing for him. I mean he is friend material. He can be a good friend for me but no I can't fall in love with him ever." She said to me.

" Relax, Mira. If you don't feel anything for them then no one is forcing you to do so. Focus on your life. Why are you giving him such importance of he doesn't mean anything to you?! Is it like you are confused about your feelings or it's because the first time someone reaching you like that?" Louis asked her keeping the laptop away.

" Confused?!!" Mira said.

" Yes, are you?" He asked her.

" I don't know. I really don't have any idea, Louis." He said.

" Ok, no worries. You will find it out soon. Just do one thing live your life as you want. If it's a real feeling then in the end of the day you both will be together. But if it's not then you guys will follow the different path. It's not at all a thing to feel guilty you know?" He asked Mira.

" Thanks, Louis. Thanks for understanding." Mira said and I nodded.

" You just do whatever you want to do." I said to her.

" And you shouldn't forget that you have a presentation in the office tomorrow." Louis said.

" How do you know that?" Mira asked him. He rolled his eyes.

" You stuck reminder everywhere." He said and I chuckled.

" Oh, yes. Help me in that if you are free today." Mira said and Louis nodded.

" Where is Amy?" I asked Mira. She rolled her eyes.

" She is playing with the kids." She said and I shook my head.

Amy will not grow up ever. She will remain a little kid forever. But we love her the way she is. Sweet, little and cute girl she is.

I was about to say something but suddenly my phone started to ring. I found it was an unknown number. I picked it up.

" Hello!!" I said.

" Hello, Ms.!!! Are you Adeline?" The person from the other side asked me.

" Yes, speaking. Who is there?" I asked her.

" It's Maria from Calvary Jhon James Hospital, Canberra. Can you please assure us the patient we are giving treatment is known to you?" She asked me.

" Patient?!!" I asked weirdly. What is she saying?! Who is that person whom I know is in hospital now?!

" Why do you think I know the person there?" I asked her back.

" Because we checked his phone and your number was the last to contact in his call list." She said and I thought for awhile. " Ms. Adeline, Please assure it. We are getting late. We have to start to treat him as soon as it possible." She said to me and I sighed.

" When was the last call time?" I asked her.

" It was about 7:30." She said and I stood up at once. Dad?!! Yes, he was going to Canberra last night. He called me this morning after that he didn't call me.

" What happened to him?" I asked her.

" He has got a major heart attack." She said.

" How is he now?!" I asked her.

" Do you know him?" She asked me.

" He is my father." I said.

" We can't say anything yet, Ms. You should come." She said.

" I am going there." I said to her.

I hung up and looked at my phone weirdly. Everything was seeming like a nightmare to me.