t w e n t y - s i x

"I'm back, Tae!"

Taehyung closes his eyes at the sound of Jeongguk's voice. Trying to pull himself together before he has to face him.

"Look what I got you," Jeongguk says walking into the living room with a huge smile on his face. Leaning down and kissing Taehyung's hair before sitting down on the opposite couch. "I know you're gonna hate it but you have to use it."

Taehyung watches Jeongguk pull the items he brought out of the bag with a distant expression. He was so lost in his thoughts that he could hardly concentrate.

"Look, it's a support band." The ravenette says holding it up. "So your back won't hurt so much when you're moving around the house."

"That's nice, Jeongguk." Taehyung nods with the same distant look in his eyes.

Jeongguk deflates a little, his smile fading slightly when he notices his expression. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing. I said it was nice." The brunette shrugs. "I'll give it a try."

"You aren't going to tell me how ridiculous this is?" Jeongguk chuckles as he sets it aside. "You usually hate when I try to solve your problems."

"I have bigger problems on my mind right now," Taehyung says glancing off again. "I'll use the band. Don't worry."

"Okay." The ravenette says. He never pries when Taehyung chooses not to express himself. "I got you another compression sleeve for your arm too."

"Thank you," Taehyung says as Jeongguk hands him the two items. "Did you get anything else while you were gone?"

"No. I knew you needed another compression sleeve so I went and got while Hoseok and Yoongi were here." Jeongguk shrugs as he stands and walks to the kitchen. "How was their visit? Are they still trying to convince you to leave me?"

Jeongguk laughs but his words only make Taehyung's headache worsen.

"No. But they did say they saw you at the pharmacy the other day." He says looking down at his hands. "Why were you there?"

"The pharmacy? I don't know. Why didn't they say anything if they saw me?" Jeongguk calls from the kitchen as he starts dinner. He was always trying to make something healthy that Taehyung might like.

"I don't know," Taehyung says shaking his head. He hated the feeling he got when he felt like Jeongguk was lying. And he hated that he was feeling it now. "It's weird because the pharmacy is all the way on the other side of town."

"I must've been looking for something for the twins then," Jeongguk responds. "I don't know."

Taehyung sighs softly as tears form in his eyes. Blurring his eyesight as he stared ahead lost in his worries.

"What's wrong, Taehyung? You're acting weird." Jeongguk calls from the kitchen. "Did something happen with Hoseok and Yoongi?"

"No. I'm just tired." Taehyung says through his tears. His strained voice causing Jeongguk to come rushing out of the kitchen.

"Tae~" He starts worriedly.

"No. I'm tired. I'm just tired." The brunette says standing from the couch. "I want to be left alone for the rest of the night please."

"Did you eat?" Jeongguk asks. "I can be finished in ten minutes if you~"

"I lost my appetite," Taehyung says walking past him towards the stairs. "I just want to be alone."

Jeongguk sighs as he watches Taehyung walk away. He was used to his mood fluctuating often, but this time there seemed to be a bigger issue that he was missing.