n i n e t e e n

"What is this, Taehyung?"

Taehyung smiles as he leads Jeongguk to the dimly lit kitchen. Where he's set the table up for the meal he was working on.

    "I made dinner," Taehyung says sitting him down in one of the chairs at the table.

    "Why?" Jeongguk asks watching the younger walk over to the stove. His bump starting to show even through his baggy clothes. "You shouldn't have done that~"

    "I wanted to." He says bringing the food to the table. It wasn't anything fancy or complicated. Just something quick and easy that he threw together in between classes. "You were being an asshole this morning. So I had to break the ice."

Jeongguk rolls his eyes but he doesn't say anything. Pursing his lips as he keeps his thoughts to himself.

    "See? You're doing it right now." Taehyung chuckles as he sits down across from Jeongguk.

    "Doing what?" He asks coldly as he serves himself some chicken and kimchi to go with his rice.

    "You aren't talking to me." Taehyung points out as he does the same. "You can say whatever you want to me, Jeongguk. Seriously."

    "I don't have anything to say."

"Yes, you do."

"And how would you know?"

"Because you press your lips together whenever you have something to say but won't say it."

Jeongguk narrows his eyes in confusion at the observation. "I do not."

"Yes, you do," Taehyung says laughing as Jeongguk purses his lips again and rolls his eyes. "You can tell me what you're thinking. Or you don't have to tell me. Just don't shut me out with all your cold glares and piercings. Because that really pissed me off this morning."

"Yeah. You were so pissed you ran after me and kissed me. Right?" Jeongguk smirks tilting his head as he waits for a response from Taehyung. His eyebrow twitching expectantly.

"I wanted you to kiss me. But you were being an asshole!" He exclaims playfully. "Somebody had to break the ice as I said. And it was me obviously."

Jeongguk chuckles softly. Shaking his head as he thinks about his behavior earlier that morning. "I wasn't trying to be an asshole. I was just worried your feelings changed after last night. And I didn't want to make things complicated."

"My feelings didn't change," Taehyung says pouting softly. "I want to try, Jeongguk"

"Really? You do?" Jeongguk asks leaning forward. His eyes are wide with hope as Taehyung nods. "You're serious?"

"Yes. I'm serious." He laughs rolling his eyes. "But we have to be mature about this. Because it's not just our lives that are affected by our decisions. You understand that, right?"

"Of course I do." The ravenette nods with a smile still tugging at his lips. "So does this mean we're, like, dating or...?"

Taehyung narrows his eyes in thought. "We're in the first stages of dating. Where we're kinda-not-really-together, but we're off-limits to anyone else."

Jeongguk's smile drops a little at Taehyung's explanation. "What?"

"We're going through the phases, Jeongguk. We can't just jump to being a couple, it doesn't work like that." He says instead of giving a further explanation.

"Fine." Jeongguk sighs. "But you're off-limits. Completely."

"I should be telling you that," Taehyung says pointedly. "I'm not particularly hot on the dating market right now, Jeon Jeongguk."