f o u r t y

~time skip~

    "They already ate lunch so they're going to go down for a nap in about thirty minutes. Jaehyung's going to make a huge fuss about it, just let him cry himself to sleep. Don't let them sleep for over an hour. Wake them up and give them a bottle. Put them back down for another nap after a couple hours. If you don't they'll be up all night. Again, don't let them sleep over an hour. Get them up and give them their other bottle. Feed them the food I packed after a couple hours then get them ready for bed. They're going to scream their heads off but they'll fall asleep eventually. Don't pick them up if they cry. Okay?"

    "Got it." Jeongguk says taking the diaper bag from Taehyung. "You didn't have to pack clothes and diapers, I've got all that."

    "I did just in case." Taehyung says squatting down in front of the babies car seats. "They wake up at seven every morning. They each have plenty of milk, make sure you put it in the refrigerator or it'll go bad. I'll be here for them at twelve on Sunday."

    "Are you sure you don't want me to just bring them to you. I don't mind." Jeongguk says looking down at the brunette as he says goodbye to the twins.

    "I'll come get them." Taehyung says standing with a sigh. He still wasn't letting Jeongguk know where his apartment was. He felt like letting him know was somehow letting him step further into his life. And he didn't want that. "Are you sure you'll be okay."

    "I'm positive." Jeongguk says. "I'll call if anything happens."

    "Okay...okay, I'll go then." Taehyung says looking at the boys with a sad look in his eyes. It was his first time leaving them overnight. "Let me know how they're doing every now and then."

    "Sure thing." Jeongguk says walking him to the door. "I'll see you Sunday."

    "Right." Taehyung says with a small smile. "Make sure you call if anything happens."

    "Will do." Jeongguk says before Taehyung finally leaves the apartment. He sighs as he turns back to his boys. Smiling as he puts the diaper bag down. "Do you wanna get outta there?"

Hanjae makes a squealing noise as Jeongguk unbuckles him. His eyes focused on the toys swinging on the handle of his seat.

    "I have to show you guys your room. I put it together by myself." He says, using one hand to unbuckle Jaehyung before scooping both of them up. "I know you don't give a shit but I actually put in some effort."

The past five months has been the hardest period of Jeongguk's life since he graduated.

For the past five months he's been working fourteen hours a night nearly every single day. His mental health suffered, his physical health suffered, and his emotional health suffered. But he had an end goal in mind that he was determined to meet.

And after so many sleepless nights he was finally seeing his goals coming full circle. He was in his own place with his children. He didn't have to depend on anything or anyone but himself. Nothing felt better than waking up and not having to worry about tomorrow, or the next day.

Jaehyung coos, squirming in Jeongguk's arm as he carries him into the nursery.

"Look, what do you think?" The ravenette says in a baby voice. Looking down at the twins as if they'd actually react. "It's just for you."

"Ba-ba~!" Hanjae giggles with a smile.

Jeongguk chuckles as he walks them over to twin bassinet sleeper he got them. It was expensive but it was worth it for them to have a decent place to sleep while they were here over the weekends.