t h i r t y - f o u r

When Jeongguk gets to the hospital room Seokjin stands outside with three other officers. Nodding as he speaks to them, only noticing Jeongguk when he's close enough to hear the conversation.

"Can I just talk to him first?" Seokjin asks, his voice strained as if he's been crying. He sighs as the officers step away.

"Is he okay?" Jeongguk asks starting to walk inside.

"He doesn't want to see you, Jeongguk." Seokjin says stopping him. A strange emotion stirring in his puffy eyes.

"I just want to let him know Jaehyung's alright." The ravenette says. "What's going on with you?"

Seokjin sighs as more tears form in his eyes. Shaking his head as he wipes them away. "I don't know what's going on. But I don't like what I'm hearing, Jeongguk."

"What do you mean?" Jeongguk asks crossing his arms.

"Are you apart of some mafia?" Seokjin asks looking up at him. "Because the cops think you are. And they came here to arrest you."

"What are talking about?" Jeongguk asks glancing at the cops, noticing for the first time that they both are keeping their eyes trained on him and one hand on their gun.

"Just answer. Yes or no." Seokjin says. "And don't lie."

"You aren't understanding, hyung~"

"Oh my god." Seokjin says shaking his head in disbelief. "I let my son around you. I left him alone at your house and you're in a gang?"

"It's not a gang." Jeongguk tries to explain but Seokjin isn't hearing it. He shakes his head as he turns away.

"Jeon Jeongguk, you are under arrest for engaging in and associating yourself with organized criminal activity." One of the officers says stepping forward and grabbing Jeongguk roughly by the arm. "You have the right to remain silent and refuse to answer any questions. Anything you say may be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to consult an attorney..."

Jeongguk closes his eyes as he's handcuffed, opening them only when the officer nudges him forward.

"We've been waiting a long time to get one of you Jeons." One officer laughs as he grips Jeongguk's arm harshly. "You're gonna get what's coming to ya, kid."

Jeongguk doesn't respond. He doesn't even acknowledge that he's being spoken to. All he could think about was Taehyung, and what he must be thinking about him right now.

He could only be thinking the worse.

~One week later...~

Taehyung tries to smile as he rocks Jaehyung in his arms in the NICU room. But it's hard to smile when all he could see was Jeongguk when he looked at his son.

"I think I'm going to file for custody." He says looking up at Seokjin who was sitting down carefully holding Hanjae.

"You aren't thinking clearly, Tae. You're upset." The older says looking up from the baby. "I'm upset too, but you have to give him a chance to explain."

"Explain what? That's he's been in a gang behind my back this entire time?" Taehyung asks. "He put my children in danger. Jaehyung could've gotten seriously hurt."

Seokjin nods, he knew he couldn't argue with Taehyung. It wasn't his decision to make. "I'll support you no matter what."

Taehyung sighs. "I thought I knew him, hyung. I thought I really knew him. But I didn't. And now it feels like I'm in love with a stranger."