f o u r

"Then she called my baby a thing, a fucking thing! Uughh! That bitch!"

Jeongguk just continues to rub Taehyung's back soothingly as he retold the conversation, seamlessly switching from pissed to sad as he went on.

    "And my dad, he was so fucking nice." The brunette sobs, using his sleeves to wipe his tears instead of the box of tissues that Jeongguk handed him. "But why was his wife such a bitch? Damnit! I can't believe she really had the fucking nerve. She's a fucking thing, how about that, huh?"

    "Breathe, Taehyung," Jeongguk says, finally speaking up.

    "I'm so sorry, Jeongguk. I shouldn't have called, I just didn't know what to do." Taehyung says, more tears falling down his face as he continues to cry. "I just never expected her to react that way. She didn't even take the fucking packet! I wasted ink copying it for her and she didn't even take it."

    "Shh," The ravenette says, trying to get Taehyung to calm down. "I'm sorry things went down the way they did, but you can't work yourself up like this."

    "I know, I'm sorry." The brunette sighs softly, leaning forward and resting his arms on his knees. "I don't know what I expected."

    "You can't change her mind, Taehyung, so don't let it upset you so much," Jeongguk says, still rubbing soothing circles into the brunette's back. "Plus, it's her loss if she chooses not to be in the baby's life."

    "You're right." Taehyung says, looking up at Jeongguk. "I'm sorry I'm such a mess."

    "Stop apologizing."  The ravenette chuckles, brushing Taehyung's hair out of his eyes. "I'm glad you felt like you could call me."

    "Were you busy?" The brunette asks, he hadn't thought twice about what Jeongguk was doing before he called.

    "No," Jeongguk says. "I was just getting here when you called."

    "From work?" Taehyung asks, it's not an unusual question but Jeongguk's unusual response raises suspicions.

    "Um, sure." The ravenette says breaking eye contact as he answers.

    "Where do you work?" The brunette asks, wiping the remainder of his tears.

    "Just some boring desk job at my dad's company. Here, let me get you a new shirt. Yours is ruined." Jeongguk says, standing and leaving the living room before Taehyung can even say anything.

The brunette wants to question him when he returns with a black hoodie for him to change into, instead he thanks him and leaves his odd behavior unquestioned.

"I'll get you some water," Jeongguk says, giving Taehyung a chance to change his shirt.

"Are you going to tell your parents? About the baby?" The brunette asks as the ravenette walks off to the kitchen.

"I don't know. We don't have a great relationship." He responds, shrugging like he couldn't care less. "I don't think I want them to know."

"...Oh," Taehyung says, making Jeongguk look over at him.

"Not because I'm ashamed or anything." The ravenette says quickly. "I just don't want them to mess this up for me."

"No, I get it." The brunette says forcing a short laugh, folding his shirt and tossing it aside. "I respect your decision."

Taehyung genuinely did respect his decision, but something about his child not having either set of grandparents in their life made him feel just a little sad.