t h i r t y - s i x

"What?"

    "You're filing for custody?"

Taehyung sighs as he stands from the bed with Hanjae in his arm, bouncing the newborn as he paces the ground of his bedroom.

    "It feels like the reasonable thing to do." He says looking down at Hanjae.

    "I haven't even seen them since they've been out of the hospital, and you want to pull this shit?" Jeongguk asks angrily from the other line. "That's such bullshit, Taehyung. What the fuck?"

    "You're right, you haven't seen them. You haven't even made an effort see them." Taehyung says matching the ravenette's tone. "That, and I don't feel comfortable with you being alone with them."

    "I have made an effort. You just haven't answered any of my damn calls. And they're my kids too." Jeongguk says. "Why are you doing this?"

    "Just show up to court. You can see them then." Taehyung says insensitively. "I have to go."

    "Why are you being such an asshole?" Jeongguk groans, obviously trying not to lose his temper. "I can't believe you're seriously trying to take them away from me."

    "I'm just trying to protect my kids, Jeongguk. I'm sorry it has to be this way." The brunette says. "It's not my fault."

    "You're being so fucking unbelievable." Jeongguk sighs. "I just want to see my kids."

    "Then you know what to do. Goodbye." Taehyung says taking the phone from his ear and ending the call.

    "Who was that?" Seokjin asks walking in with Jaehyung. "You sounded upset."

"Jeongguk." Taehyung says sitting down on the edge of his bed. "He's upset about the custody hearing."

"Oh." Seokjin says sitting next to him as he tries to give Jaehyung his bottle. "Is your dad still coming?"

"Yeah. He's bringing my mom." Taehyung sighs. "She feels like she has the right to meet the boys since she's helping with the apartment."

"I'm sorry, Tae." Seokjin says looking up at the brunette. "I know she hurt your feelings the last time you saw her, but maybe she'll be different."

"I doubt it. She'll probably just rub it in my face that Jeongguk left and that I'm financially unstable." Taehyung says rolling his eyes. "She's going to think she was right."

"About what?"

"About me not being able to take care of them."

Seokjin sighs softly. Looking down at Jaehyung. "I think you've been doing a great job so far, Taehyung. You finished college, you're graduating soon, and you have job offers already lined up. Not many people can say that."

    "I got those offers before I got pregnant. They might change their minds when they find out I have two newborns." Taehyung says pessimistically. "And I don't know how long I have before my mom convinces my dad to stop paying my bills."

    "Don't be so negative, Taehyung. There are places all around Seoul looking to hire new school teachers." Seokjin says. "The program Saebin's in for homeschooling is hiring."

    "I'm not being negative. Things are just hard for me right now." Taehyung says standing to put Hanjae down for his nap. "I'm trying to keep my head on straight. I'm just worried about everything. Constantly."

There's a knock on the front door. Making Taehyung sigh and roll his eyes.

    "It's my parents." He says walking over and grabbing Jaehyung. "Thank you for coming over today, hyung. I know you don't have much time to yourself after work so it means a lot."