o n e - h u n d r e d - t h r e e

"A baby?"

"Yeah, a baby."

"And it's gonna come out of you?"

"...Yeah, it is."

Hanjae looks at Jaehyung who looks back at him with the same skeptical look in his eye. Taehyung looks at Jeongguk who shrugs before looking at Jaein who is in her own world playing with his phone.

"Can we get a dog instead?" Jaehyung asks after a few awkward moments of silence.

"Uhm, no, Jaehyung. It doesn't really work like that," Taehyung starts. "I'm pregnant now so the baby's already...on the way."

"We're getting a puppy?" Jaein perks up, looking at her parents expectantly.

"No, baby~"

"A dog would be easier, and you can get one that's already grown up." Hanjae says. "So it doesn't cry too much."

"Yeah, and we can do all the work." Jaehyung says nodding his head in agreement with his brother.

Taehyung's face falls so Jeongguk speaks up. "Guys, the baby is already on the way, like dada said. We're not getting a dog instead."

The boys deflate and Jaein goes back to the game she's playing on Jeongguk's phone.

"You're going to be big brothers, and a big sister." Jeongguk says taking the phone from Jaein and locking it. "Isn't that exciting?"

"Is it gonna have to sleep in my room?" Jaehyung asks randomly.

"No," Taehyung answers.

"Then I don't care." Jaehyung shrugs before sliding down off the couch. "Just tell us when it's here already."

"Can I name it?" Hanjae asks.

"Uhm, we'll see..." Jeongguk answers before Hanjae goes to follow his brother.

"I don't care either then," He says as he follows Jaehyung out of the living room.

Taehyung sighs, looking at Jaein. "Are you excited to be a big sister, Jaein-ah?"

"Can it be a girl?" The girl asks looking at Taehyung with wide eyes.

"Maybe," The brunette shrugs. "We'll have to wait a few weeks before we know."

"It's okay, even if it's a boy." Jaein shrugs as she reaches for the phone again. "As long as I can be older."

"You'll be older." Taehyung nods.

"Okay." Jaein smiles as she makes herself comfortable in Jeongguk's arms with his phone.

"I don't like her playing with the phone, Gguk." Taehyung says standing from the couch with a sigh.

"Are you okay?" Jeongguk asks as he takes the phone from Jaein, trying to read Taehyung's expression before he walks away.

"I'm just gonna finish dinner." The brunette says before he's gone.

"I wanna finish my picture, Appa." Jaein whines, pouting as she looks up at Jeongguk. "You say I could have it."

"I know, Jae, but you can't play on the phone for too long." Jeongguk says pouting back at her as he used his finger to brush her hair behind her ears. "Why don't you go get your crayons from upstairs and draw your picture on paper. That way we can hang it up when you're done."

"You're wanna hang it up?" The five year asks, a smile lighting up her features.

"Yeah," Jeongguk says laughing at her grammatical mistakes. "Go ahead now."