s e v e n t y - f o u r

"Six trees, Jeongguk?"

    "You love it, right?"

Taehyung laughs as he looks around the living room, his hand resting on his back. The room was completely decked out, it did make it feel more like Christmas honestly.

    "I can't believe you're putting this much effort into Christmas." Taehyung chuckles. "You did a good job."

Jeongguk smiles proudly before changing the subject. "Anyway, did you bring your gifts for the boys?"

    "Yeah, they're in the car." The brunette says. "I could've just wrapped them and brought them over after, you know?"

    "I want to do it together." Jeongguk says holding his hand out for the keys. "It's more fun that way."

Jeongguk takes the keys before going to bring Taehyung's gifts for the boys inside. He sets them up on the living room floor, moving the coffee table to give them more space to work.

"How are you feeling? Did you ever follow up with Dr. Song?" Jeongguk asks after they are both seated on the floor.

"We had a telehealth meeting a few days ago and she said that all my tests came back okay." Taehyung says. "She scheduled my cesarean for the 30th but I told her it felt like the baby would come sooner."

"Why do you say that?" Jeongguk asks picking out some wrapping paper from the pile.

"I don't know, it just feels like it." The brunette shrugs. "It's hard to explain."

"So it might come on your birthday?" Jeongguk asks. "That's a pretty awesome gift, isn't it?"

Taehyung chuckles staring off for a second. "Yeah, I guess it would be."

"What?" The ravenette asks when he notices Taehyung's mood shifting.

"It's just weird, you know?" The brunette sighs. "Chiwon's the only reason I'm having this baby and he hasn't tried to get in contact with me once."

Jeongguk is caught off guard by Taehyung's mention of Chiwon. He hasn't heard him talk about him at all since the first few days he was back. "You want him to reach out or something?"

"No, it's just not like him." Taehyung says shaking his head. "It makes me feel like something bad is coming. Like he's planning something..."

"Nothing bad is going to happen, Taehyung." Jeongguk says reassuringly. "I won't let him near you again."

"You don't know him, Jeongguk." Taehyung says, releasing a tense breath as he continues. "He obsesses over things, he never just lets anything go. He doesn't just get over it~"

"He's not going to hurt you~"

"I don't care if he hurts me, Jeongguk. It doesn't matter if he hurts me, what if he hurts you? Or my children? My friends?"