f o u r t e e n

"Tell me."

"Okay~"

"Wait no, I'm not ready."

Jeongguk rolls his eyes as he continues to scroll through his phone. Taehyung pacing the living room floor anxiously.

"Okay, you can tell me." The brunette says stopping in front of Jeongguk and crossing his arms. "I'm ready."

"Are you?" The ravenette asks looking up at him. "You've been asking me to tell you for the past ten minutes now."

"I know. I just don't know." Taehyung says before he starts pacing again. A conflicted expression on his face as he does so.

"Why is it such a huge deal for you?" Jeongguk asks putting his phone down. Leaning forward with his elbows on his knees and giving Taehyung his undivided attention.

"I don't know. Knowing the genders, it just...it makes it too real."

"You're still in denial?"

"No, I'm not in denial. I've accepted the fact that I'm pregnant." Taehyung says trying to find the right words to express what he was feeling. "It's just that it feels like things are going to start happening a lot faster now."

"Come sit down, Tae," Jeongguk says patting the spot next to him. Waiting for the younger to sit before he continues. "I understand how you feel. But knowing or not knowing won't stop time."

Taehyung sighs looking down at his hands. "I'm so scared, Jeongguk. I don't want to mess this up."

"You won't." The ravenette says putting his arm around the younger. "You're gonna be a great dad, Tae."

"You are too." The brunette says shifting to hug the older. Sighing again as he does so. "I'll be ready tomorrow, I swear."

"It doesn't matter." Jeongguk chuckles. "You'll find out sooner or later."

Taehyung pulls away from the hug first. "You'll come tonight right?"

Jeongguk deflates at the question. A frown forming on his face. "I thought you forgot about that."

"I didn't. C'mon, you said you'd be my sober companion." Taehyung drawls playfully shoving Jeongguk. "I can't go alone."

"They're your friends, not mine." The ravenette says grabbing Taehyung's wrist before the brunette stands. Making him stay seated. "Why do you want me to go? I want the truth. Please?"

"Because," The brunette pouts. "I'll feel left out if you don't come."

"Tae~"

"And even if I don't feel left out I'll still feel like a buzzkill." The younger continues, looking up at Jeongguk with puppy eyes. "Please come with me?"

The ravenette rolls his eyes as he quickly gives in. "I literally hate you."

Taehyung hugs him again as he laughs. "Thank youuuu~"

"Whatever, alright?" Jeongguk says as he hugs him back briefly. "You definitely owe me."

"Okay. Namjoon wanted me to meet him before so I'm going there first." The brunette says standing up from the couch.

"You're gonna make me show up alone because of Namjoon?" The ravenette asks. His lips parted in shock. "That's fucked up, Taehyung. Especially when you're the only reason I'm going."

"I'll be there when you get there, I swear," Taehyung says as he leaves the living room. "Don't be late!"

"You're unbelievable!" Jeongguk calls after him as he disappears down the hall. Groaning when he gets no response.