s i x t y - s i x

"Jimin?"

Jeongguk is more than shocked when he opens his door to find Jimin standing there. He hasn't spoken to Jimin or seen him since they argued the night of Taehyung's disappearance.

"Hey, Jeongguk. I~ Sorry to pop up like this." Jimin says, his voice and demeanor coming across very nervous. "A-Are you busy?"

"I was just about to go pick Taehyung up." Jeongguk says. "I had to stop by to change Hanjae."

"Oh, well, I'll come back another time~"

"No, come in." Jeongguk insists. "I'm not in any rush, really."

Jimin nods, stepping inside the house. "I'm sorry, I should've texted you before showing up like this."

"It's fine." Jeongguk says closing the door behind him. "It's been months, Jimin, where've you been? No one's heard from you in a while."

"I've just been working." Jimin shrugs. "Its just~ I've been working a lot more than I was before."

Jeongguk nods, narrowing his eyes a bit as he tries to read Jimin. He was acting strange and he couldn't help but notice. "Is everything alright, Jimin?"

"Yeah. I just wanted to come by so we could...talk maybe." The older says looking up at Jeongguk. "Things didn't end great between us."

"I know and, honestly, I'm sorry." Jeongguk says. "I thought about it after you left and I didn't handle the situation well at all. I was just so stressed out about Taehyung and everything that was happening that day."

"I didn't want to hurt you, Jeongguk. I thought about that night too." Jimin says. "And I'm sorry that I didn't say it back the first time."

Jeongguk falls silent, unsure of what Jimin was trying to say.

"I know it's been over six months since that night but I've been thinking about it and thinking about you constantly, Jeongguk. And it's seriously driving me crazy now, that's why I'm here." Jimin says fidgeting nervously with his hands. "I didn't want to accept it at first, because I was scared. For reasons that have nothing to do with you~"

"What are you saying, Jimin?" Jeongguk finally asks. "You're not making any sense."

"I love you too, Jeongguk. I know it's long overdue and so much has happened since then but I do." The older says. "I'm sorry I couldn't see it before. I'm sorry that I didn't come back sooner."

Jeongguk continues to stare at Jimin as if he's grown another head. "It's been seven months, Jimin."

"I know~"

"You can't just show up after seven months saying shit like this." The ravenette finishes, his voice unusually calm. "What the fuck?"

"I would've come back sooner, I just thought the feelings would go away if I ignored them." Jimin says with a sorry expression. "You still feel the same, don't you?"

"I...I honestly don't know." Jeongguk says blinking in disbelief. "I made myself get over
my feelings when you left. Because that's what you do when someone breaks up with you. Except, here's the kicker, that someone doesn't usually show up seven months later saying that they love you too."

"I know I fucked up, Jeongguk~"

"Royally."

Jimin sighs looking down at his hands as he continues. "I wish I would've done things differently with you. I've never been so comfortable with the dynamic we shared, Jeongguk. You make me want to be in a relationship with you, and that scared me away at first. I was stupid for not seeing how lucky I was to have you."