t h i r t y - f i v e

"Are you sure you don't want me to~"

"We're sure, relax."

Taehyung sighs as he watches Seokjin and Namjoon move the rest of his things into the apartment his dad was helping him rent.

"You aren't supposed to be doing any heavy lifting, Taehyung. We've got it." Namjoon says walking into the house with a plastic tote.

"Just feeling a tad useless." Taehyung says jokingly as he follows Seokjin inside with the last of his things. "I really do appreciate it, guys. I wouldn't be able to do this without you."

"I'm glad we could help." Seokjin smiles before looking around the two bedroom apartment. "This is a nice place. Is the neighborhood good?"

"My dad says it is." Taehyung says looking around as well. "You guys don't have to stick around. I know I've kept you all day."

"Are you sure? We can help you unpack everything~"

"No, you've done enough. Really, go enjoy what's left of your day." Taehyung says. "I'll be fine. I'll call my dad if I need anything."

"Okay. Be careful, don't try lifting anything too heavy. You'll hurt yourself." Seokjin says hugging the brunette. "I love you, Tae. Call me if you need me."

"Okay. Love you too." Taehyung chuckles, pulling away from the hug and hugging Namjoon. "Thank you for helping me, Namjoon."

"Sure thing." Namjoon says hugging him back briefly. "Are you sure you'll be okay in here?"

"Yeah. I'm fine." Taehyung says offering him a small smile. "You guys be good, I'll see you later."

"See you later." Seokjin says before taking Namjoon's hand and leaving the apartment.

The silence that settles in their wake makes Taehyung sigh. He always hated when it was too quiet.

It wasn't supposed to be this quiet after giving birth to twins. They should be here, but they weren't. They were still too sick to come home.

His phone rings against the counter in the. He knows it's Jeongguk before he looks at the screen.

He hated himself for wanting to answer. He hated that his heart still longed for him even after he found out the truth. And he hated the worry that was eating at him since the ravenette was arrested in the hospital.

Despite the part of him that wanted to ignore Jeongguk for the rest of his life, he answers the call. Reluctantly bringing the phone to his ear. "Why do you keep calling me?"

    "Taehyung, thank god I finally got ahold of you." Jeongguk's voice comes through the other line sounding relieved. "Are you okay? Where are you?"

    "Why are you calling me? What do you want?" Taehyung says, forcing his voice to be void of any emotion.

    "I want to talk to you. I know you probably heard a lot of fucked up shit from those officers but it's not what you think." Jeongguk says. "You have to let me explain."

    "You're a liar, Jeongguk. What makes you think I'd believe anything you have to say." Taehyung says sitting down on the couch. Trying desperately to swallow his tears.

    "I didn't lie. I never lied, I told you over and over again that I kept things away from you to protect you~"

    "From a life you created for yourself." Taehyung says. "You came into my life knowing exactly who you were, you're a criminal. And you still tricked me into thinking that you loved me~"