t w e n t y - t w o

Taehyung frowns when he walks into the apartment. Looking around at all the boxes scattered around the living room.

"Jeongguk?" He calls walking through the array of boxes.

"Okay, you're here. Good." Jeongguk says rushing from the back. "I have to tell you something."

"What the hell is going on?" Taehyung asks setting his keys on the table as he takes in Jeongguk's frazzled appearance.

"Oh, here." The ravenette says clearing a spot on the couch. "Sit down."

Taehyung takes a seat, still looking at Jeongguk with an expecting expression.

"My mom~ sorry. How was lunch with your friends? Did you have fun?" Jeongguk asks stopping what he's doing to give Taehyung his full undivided attention.

"It was fine. What's going on?" The brunette says gesturing to the mess in the living room.

"Okay. I have to tell you something about my mom. So this will all make sense." Jeongguk says continuing to pack some things into a box. "She's...well she's kind of an addict. And an alcoholic."

Taehyung's eyes widen. That was definitely the last thing he was expecting to hear. "I thought she was a doctor."

"No, she is. That's how she gets her pills." Jeongguk explains looking up at Taehyung. "She's had a lot of shit happen to her since I was a kid."

"God, Jeongguk~"

"It's fine. Because I'm gonna get her some help." Jeongguk says quickly. "Which is why I bought a house."

"You bought a house?" Taehyung exclaims leaning forward in surprise. "How do you just buy a house?"

"I just bought it." The ravenette shrugs closing the box he was packing and taping it up. "I know it sounds crazy. But the only way my dad will let her leave his house is if she comes to live with me. And this place isn't big enough for us, her, and the twins. Obviously."

Taehyung closes his eyes briefly before blinking in confusion. Jeongguk's explanation was thorough enough but something still wasn't clicking for him.

"You bought a house." He states looking at Jeongguk who nods. "So that your mother could live with you while she...goes to rehab?"

"Well, I have to get her to go to rehab. But yeah." He nods again. "She'll do a lot better when she's out of my dad's house. I know it."

Taehyung takes a deep breath before exhaling slowly. Sitting back on the couch and staring at the ceiling. "How can you afford to just...buy a fucking house?"

Jeongguk shrugs. "I don't know. But I have the keys already and we're leaving by next week."

Taehyung shakes his head as Jeongguk stands and walks to the kitchen. "You have to know how ridiculous this sounds, Gguk."

"Look, my mom is going to end up killing herself if I let her stay in that house with my dad," Jeongguk says plainly. "I know buying a house out of nowhere sounds crazy. But I'm doing it for my mom. And when it comes to her I am crazy. I'm sure there's someone in your life that you'd do the same for."

Taehyung looks at Jeongguk and his expression is deadly serious. His lips pressed into a hard line as he packs up the kitchen.

His words make Taehyung think for a moment. And he realizes that he doesn't have someone in his life that he'd drop everything for.

His parents aren't speaking to him and his connections with his friends are slowly fading. He didn't have anyone that he'd do anything for. And he didn't have anyone who'd do anything for him.