s e v e n t y - t h r e e

A/n: i think i said the boys were two at one point, i can't remember, but they're one~ they turn two in january 🥳

~~

December 15th, 2021

"This is too stressful."

"There's no reason to be stressed, Jeongguk. They're one."

Jeongguk runs a stressful hand through his hair as he walks down the toy isle of the fourth store they've been in today.

"They're almost two, they understand Christmas more than they did last year." The ravenette says looking at the toys. "Jaehyung specifically said Spider-Man."

"He was pointing at everything in that catalog, Jeongguk." Taehyung says pushing the cart behind the ravenette. "They're too little to care. As long as they get something they'll be happy."

"I'm still sticking to Spider-Man, just to be safe." Jeongguk says. "Everything says three and up."

"Because two year olds don't understand the concept of superheroes." Taehyung says rolling his eyes. "We should just get Jaehyung a robot like Hanjae's so he won't be jealous."

"If we start getting them the same gifts now we'll be doing it for the rest of their lives." Jeongguk says. "They're individuals, Taehyung."

"They're one, Jeongguk, one years old." Taehyung stresses. "You're so technical about everything."

    "I'm thoughtful, not technical." The ravenette says grabbing a robot storybook for Hanjae and tossing it in the cart. "Why are you going with robots for Hanjae again?"

    "Because it's the only thing he pointed at, unlike Jaehyung." Taehyung chuckles. "And I think he'll actually play with it."

    "Are you sure we shouldn't get them a little tablet? Every kid has one these days." Jeongguk says looking at Taehyung. "I heard kids who have tablets when they're little have higher IQ's."

    "No screens." The brunette says firmly. "They may have higher IQ's but they'll have social and development issues."

    "Saebin's fine."

    "Saebin's not my child."

Jeongguk shrugs before moving on. "Where should we go next?"

    "Home, I'm tired." Taehyung complains. "And it's getting busy in here."

    "We can go." Jeongguk says, he knows how uncomfortable Taehyung gets in crowded public places. "We did enough for today I think."

    "What else do you want to get them? It seems like they have enough between the two of us and my parents." Taehyung says as Jeongguk leads the way to the registers.

    "I don't know." The ravenette says looking at the cart of toys. "It's Christmas, I want it to be big."

    "Their birthday is only a month after Christmas, you don't want to go too big." Taehyung says. "They'll have more than they'd know what to do with."

    "I know, I guess I should be more mindful." Jeongguk sighs. "It's just that I'm in a better place this Christmas than I was last year. Not just financially, mentally and emotionally too. And I want Christmas to feel special to them."

    "It will feel special, Gguk." The brunette says reassuringly. "Regardless of the amount of presents under the tree."

    "You're right." The ravenette smiles. "And it's the first Christmas we're spending together as a family so it's extra special."