s e v e n t y - s e v e n

"I'm just going to tell him face to face that I'm not interested in a relationship. I'll feel bad if I do it over the phone."

Taehyung closes his eyes for a moment as the dull ache in his lower stomach intensifies for a short moment.

"Why are you telling me this, Jeongguk?" He asks as he paces back and forth in the living room, his phone on speaker on the coffee table.

"Because I want you to tell me I'm doing the right thing by not doing it over the phone." Jeongguk says on the other line. "I need the reassurance."

"You're doing the right thing." Taehyung says.

"You think?"

"Yes, just be honest and tell him how you feel. He can't be upset because of the way you feel."

Jeongguk sighs, falling silent on the other line.

"Are you there?" Taehyung chuckles after a while.

"Yeah...life's just insane." Jeongguk says, groaning in frustration. "Why does everything have to be so complicated?"

"What's complicated?" Taehyung asks, taking a seat on the couch. Rubbing a hand over his bump to try to soothe himself and the baby.

"I don't know...I just wish I could disappear and not explain myself to Jimin." The ravenette says. "Emotions are too hard, for no reason."

"Hm," Taehyung hums. "I know that'd be easier but you'd feel bad for not ending things face to face."

"Are you sure you don't want me to come take you to the hospital?" Jeongguk asks. "I've been ignoring it the whole time but you sound like you're having a hard time."

"I'm not having a hard time." Taehyung says, recognizing the strain in his voice for the first time. "I know what it feels like to go into labor, Jeongguk, and this isn't it."

"You're taking chances for no reason~"

"I really don't want to argue right now, Jeongguk, please." The brunette says closing his eyes. "I know what I'm doing. There's a plan, okay? My cesarean is scheduled for Thursday, my parents are coming back Wednesday to take me, and I have everything I need for the hospital stay."

"Alright," Jeongguk says, but he doesn't sound convinced. "Send me a touch if you need me to come and I will."

Taehyung chuckles, rolling his eyes a little. "I will, don't worry."

"Okay, I'm headed to Yoongi and Hobi now to drop the boys off." Jeongguk says.

"Are you sure they're fine with~"

"They're fine with it, Taehyung. They've wanted to watch the boys for a while now." Jeongguk promises. "They watched them a few times before so they'll be okay."

"Okay." Taehyung sighs. "Be careful then."

"Yeah, I will be. Talk to you later."

Taehyung reaches forward and ends the call. Sitting back on the couch and closing his eyes. He was exhausted but the pressure he was feeling on his lower abdomen was keeping him awake. He knew he wasn't in labor but he felt it coming up quick.

He just kept praying that the baby held on, just for a couple days until his parents got back.

~

Jeongguk frowns in confusion as he approaches the address Jimin gave him. It was a pretty run down apartment complex, it almost looks like no one lives there. He calls Jimin but it goes straight to voicemail.