e i g h t y - t h r e e

"I couldn't think straight throughout the whole interview, it was embarrassing."

Seokjin laughs, leaning against the counter as Taehyung makes Jaein's bottle. She was currently screaming her head off while Taehyung and Seokjin spoke in hushed tones in Jeongguk's kitchen.

    "I know, baby, I'm sorry." Taehyung says shaking the bottle. "The worst part is that I said it first. Like, how does that happen? Was my brain not connected to my mouth at all?"

    "You already told him you loved him though." Seokjin says. "What's the big deal?"

    "I was in shock before, I'm completely fine now and I'm completely aware of my feelings." Taehyung says stopping outside the living room and talking lower. "And right now I'm feeling embarrassed."

    "I think you're overreacting, slightly." Seokjin admits, matching Taehyung's quiet tone. "There's no reason to be embarrassed, he said it back. I'd understand if he didn't, but he did."

    "I know, he's such dork." Taehyung sighs walking into the living room, picking Jaein up from her seat and giving her the bottle. She calms down almost immediately, her eyes falling shut. "She's such an easy baby, I love her."

    "Who's a dork?" Jeongguk asks scrolling through his phone.

    "No one." Seokjin chuckles. "I wonder where Yoongi is."

    "Yeah." Taehyung says sitting down next to Seokjin with Jaein. Jeongguk's nurse walks out after they walk in, offering them a small smile as she leaves the living room.

Taehyung thought she was weird, she moved around like a ghost and she hardly ever spoke. He doesn't even remember if he's heard her voice more than once since they've been here.

    "How are you feeling, Jeongguk?" Seokjin asks after she's gone.

    "I'm fine, hyung." Jeongguk says, he always says he's fine. "Did you check on Saebin?"

    "He's fine, he said doesn't want to come out here with us." Seokjin sighs, Saebin was still giving him the cold shoulder after he was forgotten after school.

    "What'd your creepy nurse say?" Taehyung asks in a low voice so the woman wouldn't hear.

    "She's not creepy, and she says I'm making pretty good progress." Jeongguk shrugs. "I don't really know what that means but I guess it's a good thing."

    "Good." Taehyung nods. "Did Yoongi text?"

    "Not me," Seokjin says. "I think he's still coming, he'd didn't say he wasn't."

"What's he got to tell us anyway, hyung?" Jeongguk asks looking at Seokjin. "They already told you didn't they?"

"Yeah, they told me." Seokjin says looking down at his phone, his ears turning red as he avoids answering Jeongguk's question.

"So...give us a hint." Jeongguk says.

"Don't be childish, Jeongguk." Taehyung says just as the door bell rings. "I'll get it."

    "I can~" Seokjin starts.

    "It's okay, just take her." Taehyung says handing Jaein over with her bottle. "I'll just go let him in."

Jeongguk laughs a little as Taehyung leaves the living room. He's been avoiding being alone with him since he got here. "What?" He asks when he sees Seokjin smirking at him.

    "You guys are ridiculous." The older chuckles, shaking his head as he looks down at Jaein. "If I didn't know you I'd automatically assume you both were in high school."