o n e

Disclaimer: I'm not a doctor, I don't know much of anything about biology or the human anatomy. Don't drag me please, thanks. :)

Taehyung tries his best to smile at the final customer he had to ring up before his shift ended, but the nausea in his gut wasn't playing fair at all tonight.

"Have a good night. See you tomorrow." He says, his smile immediately fading when the older man walks away.

"You're good to go, Taehyung." His shift manager says, appearing from the back room with a broom and dust pan. "I'll clean up."

"Are you sure, Seungho?" The younger says, only offering to try and boost his overtime. "I don't mind helping."

"You look horrible, Taehyung. You're lucky I even let you come in today after last night." Seungho says as he starts sweeping up. "You could've hurt yourself."

"I just got a little lightheaded~"

"You fell down while you were stocking, Tae. You could've gotten seriously injured." The older says, turning to him with a sympathetic look. "Why don't you take a few days off? You could use a break."

"I can't afford to take a break, hyungnim." Taehyung pouts, leaning against the counter as another wave of nausea washes over him. "I have bills to pay."

    "You've been working every single day for the past three weeks, you're exhausted, Taehyung. I'm concerned for your well being, I am." Seungho says, sighing softly. "You need a break."

Taehyung looks down, he was extremely tired, he'd been working so much that he barely had time to get his school work done, let alone sleep and eat properly.

    "Tell you what," His manager starts. "I'll give you a full week off, with pay, alright? If you go to the doctor and get a note."

    "I'm not sick." The younger lies.

    "Either that or I take you off the schedule next week with no pay."

    "Fine, fine, fine." Taehyung says quickly. "I'll go to the doctor after work tomorrow, I swear."

    "Okay. Go home." Seungho says as he continues cleaning up. "And be safe, please?"

    "You got it." The younger says removing his apron, hanging it on the wall on his way out.

Taehyung has been feeling nauseous for the past two weeks, even before then he had unexplainable bouts of dizziness.

He kept telling himself that it'd go away, he was just tired and it was taking a toll on him. But the nausea and dizziness has been persistent. He knew it was time to get it checked out.

When he pulls into the parking lot of his apartment complex he has to lean against his steering wheel for a few minutes to force down his nausea, he hates throwing up and he'd rather force it down than puke everywhere.

    "Is that you, Tae?" Namjoon calls when he walks inside.

    "Yeah, Joon, it's me." The younger says back, dropping his key on the table by the door as he goes into the living room where Namjoon sits doing homework.

    "Hey," The older says, looking up at him with a worried expression. "Was it another rough day?"

    "Mhm," Taehyung hums, falling down on the couch with a huff and removing his shoes. "Seungho's making me go to the doctor."

    "That's good. I've been telling you that you should." Namjoon says, smiling sympathetically. "I haven't seen you eat anything, are you hungry?"