f i f t y - f o u r

~time skip...~

"I wish you'd cover that up. It makes me feel bad looking at it."

"It makes me feel bad too."

Joohyuk sighs as he leans against the doorframe of the bedroom, crossing his arms as he watches Taehyung apply the aloe vera gel to the bruises forming under his eye and on his shoulder. "I said I was sorry, what else do you want me to do?"

"I want you to stop hitting me." The brunette says, his voice small and mellow.

"What?" Joohyuk asks even though he hears him.

Taehyung shakes his head, looking down as he squeezes more aloe vera into his hand.

"It's not my fault that you didn't ask for my permission to use my debit card." Joohyuk shrugs. "I didn't think I'd have to tell you to ask to spend my money."

"It was for the baby~"

"It doesn't matter what it was for. It was still stupid of you."

Taehyung nods, leaning towards the mirror as he carefully applies the gel under his eye. "You're right, Joohyuk. I'm an idiot for thinking I had any right to provide for your child with your money."

"Provide? Really? You want to talk about providing for someone when you don't even have a job to provide for yourself?" Joohyuk asks narrowing his eyes. "You really are just fucking pathetic."

"I had a job until you forced me to keep this fucking baby, Joohyuk." Taehyung says angrily as he faces him.

"I didn't force you to do anything. You could've just went and got an abortion, you're just too weak willed and easily influenced." Joohyuk says rolling his eyes as he turns to leave the bathroom. "Next time you decide to spend my money on some bullshit, buy yourself some concealer. I'm sick of seeing you all bruised up because you can't follow a few simple rules."

Taehyung stands there silently as he watches Joohyuk walk away. He thinks back to a few months ago when Joohyuk first found out about his pregnancy. Could he have still gotten an abortion before he was forced to move away from his apartment? Was there still time that he didn't take advantage of?

The baby moves, the flutters bringing Taehyung back to the present. He was constantly reliving the past, wondering where exactly he went wrong and how he was going fix it.

But he couldn't fix anything, not living in this house. Not when he needed permission to check the mail, or to get something out of the car. Not when all his clothes were picked by Joohyuk and all his shoes were thrown out to keep him from "running away."

There wasn't anything he could do but stay and wait for something to happen. He was constantly waiting for the opportunity to get as far away from Joohyuk as possible. Which he couldn't do right now, not when he was close to six months pregnant.

"Stop standing there looking stupid. Isn't there some house work that you need to catch up on?" Joohyuk asks walking into the bathroom dressed for work.

"What time do you get off?" Taehyung asks looking down at his hands.

"Why? So you can plan your escape accordingly?" The older asks as he starts brushing his teeth.

"No." The brunette mumbles walking out of the bathroom. He wouldn't run away, there wasn't anywhere to go. Who would be run to in this neighborhood?

    "I'll be back tomorrow morning." Joohyuk calls after him. "I'm gonna take you out so be dressed when I get here."

    "I don't have any shoes, Joohyuk." Taehyung says sitting down on the bed, he thought it was ridiculous that he had to remind Joohyuk of the things he did during his fits of rage.