f o u r t y - s i x

~time skip~
January 30th, 2021

"Are you sure you're okay with this, Jeongguk? I can bring them back after the party if you want me to."

"It's cool, Taehyung. I know you spent a lot of time planning the party, just enjoy it. Don't worry about bringing them back."

Taehyung smiles gratefully as he scoops Hanjae up, holding him on his hip before kissing his chubby cheek. "Say bye-bye to Appa, Hanie."

Jeongguk smiles when Hanjae reaches for him, taking the one year old into his hands.

"Come here, Jae. It's time to go bye-bye." Taehyung calls to the other baby, laughing when he sees him attempting to climb up onto the couch.

"He's gonna fall, Tae." Jeongguk says when he sees him.

"He's fine." Taehyung says going to get him. "I'll bring them back tomorrow so you can still get your full time with them."

"Alright." Jeongguk says letting Hanjae down when he starts to squirm in his arms. "Is Joohyuk gonna be there?"

"I'm not sure. I don't bring him around the boys much." Taehyung says picking Jaehyung up. "You know you can come if you want. I won't let anyone make you uncomfortable."

"I'll pass." Jeongguk laughs as he takes Jaehyung from Taehyung. "Enjoy it, though. And send pictures."

A lot has changed in the past six months. Taehyung and Jeongguk have both been going to family therapy regularly and it has really helped to shape their relationship around the twins. Helping them to put their feelings aside to do what was in the best interest of the boys.

Since therapy they've been able to communicate and to understand each other more than they have since they met. It felt good to be able to openly voice their opinions without being afraid of saying the wrong things. Their therapist even gave them advice on how to cope with their own mental health individually.

Taehyung hasn't had many panic attacks since the first one at Jeongguk's house. When he did he took the therapists advice and worked himself through them. Calling a friend or his parents when he couldn't go through it alone.

Their therapist referred Jeongguk to a doctor to get him on medication to help manage his highly functioning depression. He was reluctant about medication in the beginning but it helped, even though he felt horrible all the time in the beginning he saw the difference in himself. His thoughts weren't as dark and now that his and Taehyung's relationship wasn't as strained, he was able to rely on him and Jimin when he felt down.

One of the biggest changes were their relationships. Taehyung met his current boyfriend at work, he was picking up his nephew from an after school activity when they ran into each other. He wouldn't call it an instant connection, but after Joohyuk practically begged him for his number they've been inseparable.

Jeongguk didn't exactly know what to call his relationship with Jimin. Jimin wasn't the type of person who was obsessed with labels. Whenever they talked about it he said that he didn't want to complicate things. Jeongguk didn't feel the need to argue, they were both happy so it wasn't such a big deal to him. He was just glad he was able grow and accept that his relationship with Taehyung was over.

He would always love him as the person who gave his children life, but there was nothing else there. And he was finally ready to accept that, they both were.