f i f t y - s i x

When Jihyuk's car approaches Jeongguk's house the ravenette already stands outside waiting for them. His eyes wide with concern as soon as he sees Jihyuk's vehicle. He rushes up to the passenger side door where Taehyung is, pulling it open to help him out.

    "Hey, are you okay?" He asks worriedly. "Are you hurt?"

Taehyung shakes his head as he gets out of the car. "I-I'm fine~"

    "He's not fine." Jihyuk says leaning over and talking to Jeongguk from the driver's seat. "He needs to go to the hospital but he won't."

    "I-I'm fine." Taehyung says avoiding Jeongguk's worried eyes.

Jeongguk looks the brunette over, eyeing the bruises on his face and arms. He turns back to Jihyuk to send him off. "Thanks, hyung. I owe you one."

    "You don't owe me anything." Jihyuk says waving his hand. "We're even now, alright?"

    "Sure." Jeongguk says closing the door. "I'll call you." Jihyuk waves his hand before backing out of the driveway and speeding off.

Jeongguk sighs as he looks Taehyung over again. His eyes widening when he sees his bare feet. "Let's get you inside, it's cold out here."

Taehyung flinches out of his thoughts when Jeongguk's hand touches the small of his back. "S-Sorry~"

    "No, I'm sorry." Jeongguk says taking his hand away quickly.

    "A-Are the boys inside?" Taehyung asks, following Jeongguk.

    "No, Seokjin took them earlier." The ravenette says letting Taehyung inside.

Taehyung feels out of place in Jeongguk's house after almost seven months. He looks around like he's never been there before, and in someway it feels like he hasn't.

    "Are you sure you don't want to go to the hospital?" Jeongguk asks. "You don't have to, I'm just asking."

    "I'm sure." Taehyung nods without looking at Jeongguk. He couldn't bring himself to look him in the eye for some reason.

    "Let me see." Jeongguk says before cautiously taking Taehyung's face in his hands. Turning it slightly towards the light to examine the severity of his bruises. They were obviously fresh, and that burned Jeongguk up inside. He wanted to hurt Chiwon bad.

    "It's okay." Taehyung says making Jeongguk become aware of the tears forming in his eyes.

    "I'm sorry, Taehyung." Jeongguk says, he was so pissed that he couldn't even control his emotions. He was feeling too much at one time.

    "It's not your fault, it's my fault. I'm just..." Taehyung sighs softly. "I'm just an idiot."

    "You aren't an idiot." Jeongguk says pulling away from him. He had to tell Taehyung the truth about who Joohyuk was. "This happened to you because of me."

Taehyung looks confused. "What?"

    "Joohyuk, he's not who you think he is." The ravenette says. "His real name is Ahn Chiwon. And he's a member of the Ahn-Gwon family in Ulsan."

    "What does that mean?" Taehyung asks looking at Jeongguk with that same confused expression.

    "This probably happened to you because of me." Jeongguk says looking down at his hands. "Because his family's is located on the same coast as mine."

    "Chiwon?" Taehyung asks, Jeongguk nods. "A-And he's in a gang?"

    "It's not really a gang, it's an organized crime unit." Jeongguk says looking up. "I'm sorry, Taehyung. I'm so sorry, I am.  I never meant for this to happen. You know I'd never let anything like this happen on purpose~"