f i f t y - s e v e n

Taehyung flinches awake suddenly, his eyes darting around the bright room for a moment before realizing where he is. He sighs, pressing his palm to his forehead as he relaxes.

He pushes the duvet off of himself before swinging his legs over the side of the bed. He notices some clothes folded on the nightstand, and a note with Jeongguk's hand writing scribbled on it.

Take your time getting ready, everything you need is in the bathroom! :)

~Jeongguk

The note makes Taehyung smile a little. Jeongguk was being too good to him.

When he steps out of the bed he steps into a pair of white bedroom slippers. He pouts softly because he knows that Jeongguk had to get them just for him. He hated wearing shoes in the house, especially slippers.

Even though Jeongguk's letter tells him to take his time he feels the need to get dressed quickly. He's eager to get the day started, so that he could see his boys.

He gets dressed in the clothes Jeongguk left for him after taking a shower. He pushes away the anxiety he feels as he walks down the stairs, he was anxious all the time so it wasn't hard to ignore. He hears Jeongguk's voice as he reaches the bottom of the stairs.

"I know, that's why I told her to just give him a few months before firing him." The ravenette chuckles, his voice resonating from the kitchen. "It doesn't make sense when they're already short staffed as it is. It was one incident, where's the compassion, Hyunwu?"

Taehyung walks to the kitchen where he finds Jeongguk standing over the stove with his phone to his ear.

"You're ridiculous, I swear to god." He sighs, still unaware of Taehyung's presence. "Well, either way, I won't be the one there running shifts. So if you want to make everyone's life extremely fucking difficult be my guest."

Taehyung chuckles softly, he doesn't think it's that loud but it gets Jeongguk's attention. Startling him slightly and making him looking over at him.

"I'll call you back, Hyunwu." He says quickly when he notices the brunette, ending his phone call.

"You didn't have to stop your conversation." Taehyung says when Jeongguk ends the call.

"No, yeah, I'm actually off today so it wasn't that important." The ravenette chuckles softly, tucking his hair behind his ear as he sits his phone on the counter. "Let me guess, you hate the shirt."

"Definitely wouldn't have been my first choice, but I don't hate it." Taehyung says jokingly. "I wish you'd stop being so nice to me, Jeongguk."

"I have to take care of you until you're fully recuperated." Jeongguk says pulling out a chair at the kitchen table. "Sit down."

"You don't, seriously, I'm fine." Taehyung says awkwardly taking a seat at the table. "As soon as I get some things figured out I'll be out of your hair."

"But I like having you in my hair." Jeongguk says jokingly. "And you can stay in my hair as long as you need to."

"Thanks." Taehyung chuckles.

"Water." Jeongguk says sitting a large bottle of water in front of the brunette. "You need to finish two of these by tonight."

"Jeongguk~"

"I don't want to hear it. I'm going to take care of you whether you want me to or not." The ravenette says turning to the stove again. "And you have to eat, even if you don't want to."