happiness (requested)

"Baby?" Lisa spoke softly in your ear, her warm breath fanning against the lobe before she moved to press a soft kiss to the back of your neck. "It's time to get up. My parents are downstairs, ready to start the day with us."

You couldn't even pretend to not hear her. You're much too happy to try to even hold back your smile or the giggles that fall from your lips as she pulls you into her arms and begins to pepper the back of your neck with kisses.

You're in Thailand for a couple of weeks, visiting her parents together. She's more than happy to finally be home and you've met her parents before. They treat you like they've known you for a while now, instead of just the almost eleven months you've been dating Lisa.

Your bond with them is only strengthening now that you've spent two days at their home with Lisa and still have twelve or so to go.

"Okay. I'm awake." You sighed and rolled over to face her.

She gave your lips a sweet peck before getting up. She tugged at your hand, laughing as she pulled you out of bed and into her arms, causing you to whine as you left the comfort of the warm bed.

"Come on, sweet girl. Let's go brush our teeth and then go downstairs."

You agreed and quickly brushed your teeth together before she took your hand to lead you down to the kitchen, where her parents were.

"Good morning, girls." Her mom smiled.

"Good morning." You smiled back at her and looked across the room at Lisa's dad, who was at the stove cooking something.

"What are you cooking?" Lisa asked, tugging at your hand to follow her as you both walked across the room to him.

"Just some breakfast."

"Can you teach me?" You asked, the words falling from your lips suddenly and taking both Lisa and her dad by surprise. "I'm not the greatest cook and I know these dishes you make are some of Lisa's favorites. Could you teach me some while we're here?"

"Happily!" He grinned. "In fact, I can teach the both of you."

Lisa groaned and dropped her forehead onto your shoulder.

"You say you're not the best cook and Lisa can't cook, so what do you girls do? Eat takeout all the time?" He teased, pinching Lisa's cheek as her mother laughed from across the room. "Alright, in all seriousness, I'm more than happy to teach you. Why don't we start now?"

"Okay." You said, dropping Lisa's hand to gather all the ingredients when he told you all that you'd need.

"Okay. Pay close attention." He said and you nodded.

Lisa, however, wasn't taking this entire lesson seriously. Instead, she kept staring back at the ingredients on the counter such as the sauces, rice flour, spices, and eggs.

Unable to resist, she grabbed some of the rice flour in her hand and poured it over your head. You gasped, turning to stare back at her with a scoff.

"Lisa!" You yelled, trying your very best to hold back your smile, only to be unsuccessful.

She burst out laughing, so hard that she doubled over a little. Her eyes were closed, making her vulnerable to whatever payback you chose. You grabbed an egg and cracked it over her head, making her gasp loudly and open her eyes.

"Hey!" She laughed and gathered some flour in her hands to pour onto your head, much more than the time before.

You threw some back on her and you instinctively laughed loudly together.

"Girls!" Her dad yelled through his own laugh, trying to get your attention back on the food. "Can we have a food fight later and cook for now?"

He turned his back on you both, which was a huge mistake.

You both looked at each other, grinning and grabbing various ingredients. He was talking all about how to cook this particular food, only to be startled by the stuff you both dumped on his head.

"Okay, that's it!" He yelled and turned around, making you and Lisa go wide-eyed, worried you might've taken it a step too far.

He grabbed some flour in his hands and acted as though he was going to throw it in the bowl, only to throw it at the both of you.

"It's on! You want a food fight? You've got it, girls!"

You laughed together, throwing different foods and ingredients at each other until you were all a mess and the kitchen just the same.

"Hey, hey, hey!" Lisa's mom yelled, causing the three of you to stop and turn to face her. "Look at the kitchen!"

You all looked at each other and then back at her mom.

She folded her arms over her chest and dusted some flour from your shoulder, causing some to fall onto the palm of her hand.

"You think you can mess it up... without me?" She asked, a wicked smile on her face before she threw it on Lisa, making you burst out with laughter as she joined in on your food fight.

It was messy but oh so fun. Although you knew breakfast was ruined and it was going to be a hassle to clean up, you all continued your food fight and had the time of your life.

And Lisa knew, when she stepped back for just a moment to watch you and her parents, that you were truly the one.

Because no one has ever gotten along with her parents so well or meant so much to her before.

It all just made her fall even more in love with her.