it's not a prank (requested)

Lisa felt a flutter in her heart when she walked through the door to find that you were waiting for her.

Excited to finally be home with you and be able to pull you in for a hug after her busy day, she quickly kicked off her shoes and rushed to your side.

She sat down and went to throw her arms around you, only for you to move before she had the chance.

She frowned, a pant of sadness in her heart as she realized you didn't want to hug her.

"Are you okay?" She asked worriedly and began to brush her fingers along your arm.

"No... Lisa, I think we need to break up."

You didn't bear around the busy or waste any time getting to the point, which surprised her a bit.

But then the memories of the pranks you've pulled on her in the past came back to her and she started to laugh.

"You're not getting me on this again, y/n."

You looked at her in confusion and almost... hurt. As if you couldn't believe she was laughing over your words when you were being more vulnerable than ever before in front of her.

"You've pulled this prank on me already. You're not fooling me."

"I'm not trying to." You spoke quietly.

Lisa wasn't laughing anymore.

But she was still chuckling, almost nervously.

"Lisa, I'm being serious. I promise you I'm not prancing you or joking with you. I'm serious."

"You can't be." She chuckled nervously again. "Tell me it's just a prank. Right now, y/n. I won't be upset, I promise."

She was almost begging as it hit her how serious you were being.

Now she wanted it to be a prank.

"Why?" She asked as tears began to swim in her eyes. "Is it because of how busy I've been?"

"No..." you whispered before taking in a shaky breath. "I love you, Lili, but-"

"But nothing." She interrupted. "You love me, I love you. There are no but's after that."

"Lisa, this is your time to shine. I don't want to get in the way of that."

"You're not! You could never!" She said as she took your hands into hers. "Are people saying that? Is that what's going on?"

You shrugged wordlessly and Lisa hung her head with a sigh.

A few seconds later, she broke the silence in the air with one single word that honestly took you by surprise.

"No."

You lifted your head and gazed at her in confusion.

"What do you mean no?"

"I mean exactly that, y/n. No. We're not breaking up."

"Lisa-"

"Don't." She spoke softly. "Screw what anyone else thinks of us. I don't care about that. I care about you. I love you. I need you."

You cracked a smile as she gently put one hand on your cheek, her eyes full of stars.

"I work hard, I deserve to be happy. I didn't ask people for their opinions. I love the fans but... I want to be happy. I deserve to be, don't I? And you make me happy."

"You make me happy too."

"I'm not letting you go. Not now, not ever. Now come here, baby. Hug me." She said as she opened her arms for you.

You happily did so and held onto her, brushing your lips against her neck as you buried your face there.

"I love you."

"I love you more." She said. "And I'm never letting you go. It's you and me against the world; forever and always."