she falls asleep on your lap

When she got home and saw you sitting on the couch she immediately made her way over to you. She dropped her things and laid her head right on your lap, wordlessly asking if you'd play with her hair, which you happily did.

You heard her hum and watched her eyes close. "Hard day?" She shrugged. "Not really. I'm just tired." You understood that and you were happy to help her relax in any way she needed to. "That's okay. Do you need anything?"

"Nope. I'm just fine right here," she murmured, turning her head and opening her eyes to see your face for a moment before she let them close again. "That feels nice," she mumbled with a small smile on her face as you continued to play with her hair.

She felt herself beginning to relax a little. Although she wasn't really stressed out, any stress that she had felt before was gone away. She knew you had made plans for tonight, considering she has some time to spend with you for a few days. But she was too tired to do anything tonight, and she was so thankful that you understood that.

"Don't worry about a thing. Just get some sleep. I'll be right here the whole time." She cracked another small, but tired, smile. She mumbled out a soft 'I love you' and focused on falling asleep.

It wasn't hard to do. With your fingers in her hair, the way you hummed in her ear, and the soft words of only love that you spoke in between - she was out quick, causing a smile to appear on your face at how peaceful and sweet she looked.

You leaned down and brushed your lips across her forehead. "Love you," you whispered softly, pausing to watch her chest rise and fall steadily, showing you she was getting good sleep as she deserved. "So very much."