first Christmas together

The sound of your voice in her ear and you saying her name pulled Lisa out of her deep, peaceful slumber. She groaned and buried her face in the pillow to try to go back to sleep. But when you let out a giggle that made her heart flutter and started to pepper kisses across her neck, she knew she was awake for good.

"Lisa," you spoke softly and shook her shoulder. "Lisa, wake up! It's Christmas!"

"Y/n, it's only seven in the morning," she whined as she turned onto her back. She opened her eyes, finding you staring at her with the biggest and brightest smile. Though the sun has yet to rise and she's tired, she couldn't deny how happy it made her see you so excited.

"But it's Christmas." You pouted. "Our first Christmas together!"

She hummed and pulled you into her arms, laughing when your chest fell against her own. Your heart was beating wildly in your chest from the excitement you felt; she could feel it against her own unsteady one.

"Merry Christmas, baby girl." She smiled and pulled you in for a kiss.

"Merry Christmas. I think it snowed last night! Let's go see!"

She whined as you pushed the blankets away from the both of you and tugged at her hand to pull her out of bed. You excitedly ran down the stairs, dragging her along with you. You ran to the window and peeked outside to find the blanket of white covering the grass.

"It's so pretty!"

She let out a giggle and kissed the back of your neck.

"It's very pretty." She agreed and looked out the window to see snowflakes still falling onto the ground while you looked away and looked under the tree to find that there were now lots of gifts on the skirt.

You tugged at her hand and pulled her off of the couch and over to the tree.

"I had a feeling you didn't just want to look at the snow." She teased as you looked wide-eyed at all the gifts. "Okay, we're missing a couple of things though. I'll be back in a minute." She promised and kissed your nose before going to the kitchen.

"Don't be peeking at any of the gifts while I'm gone!"

You laughed and waited patiently, distracting yourself by humming along to Christmas songs that were stuck in your head and looking at the snowflakes falling to the ground.

Taking a seat beside you again only a few minutes later, she passed you a Christmas themed mug filled with a warm, tasty drink as Christmas songs began to fill the room.

"Now we're really in this Christmas spirit!" She cheered happily and felt her heart flutter upon seeing the stars in your bright eyes. "Okay, my girl. You've been patient. Here, open this one first."

She passed a gift onto your lap. It was small but decorated neatly and you couldn't help but envy her wrapping skills. You tore it open quickly and what you saw inside took your breath away.

A beautiful locket that had your initials and her own in the shape of a heart.

"It's beautiful."

"You didn't even see inside!" She said and helped you open the top flap, revealing a little heart inside with a message just for you.

"You have my heart today, tomorrow, and always. Love, Lisa." You read out loud, feeling happy tears gather in your eyes. You blinked them away and stared at her adoringly.

"Like it, baby?"

"I love it. It's the most beautiful, wonderful gift I've ever gotten. Thanks, Lili." You threw your arms around her and hugged her tightly and refused to let go for a moment or two. "I love you. Help me put it on?"

You pulled your hair back so she could clasp it on your neck. She peppered a few kisses across your skin and hugged you from behind.

"I'm never taking it off. I'm gonna brag about it to everybody."

She laughed and kissed your ear before letting go.

"Here! Open this one!"

"You're more excited than I am." She shook her head with a laugh and tore the wrapping paper off and inside she saw a tiny little red bag. Curious, she reached inside and pulled out a few pebbles. But they weren't just any ordinary pebbles. They were personalized just for her

She read what was engraved on them and she was awestruck by the thoughtfulness and love you put into it.

"Y/n..."

"They're just reasons why I love you."

It made her heart skip a beat as she read them.

Because you love me.

Because you inspire me.

Because you're kind to everyone you meet.

Because you're my best friend.

There were more, but she struggled to read them through the blur of her tears.

"Do you like it?"

She chewed on her lip, trying to find the words to say that explained just how much she loved it and how much she loved you.

"Lisa?" She looked up at you and carefully put the stones by her feet so she could cup your cheek and bring you in for a loving kiss.

"I love it. It's so beautiful. Thank you, baby."

You watched her place them bag into the bag and you figured she'd reach for another gift under the tree. But she pulled you into her arms and fell onto her back, making your chest fall against hers once again.

She stared up at you lovingly. Her thumb brushed against your cheek both she pulled you in for another kiss; this one longer and a little more passionate than the last, but still sweet nonetheless.

"You're the best thing that has ever happened to me. This is the first of many Christmases spent together. I love you so much."

"Love you more," you whispered before pushing your lips back against hers, grinning against them as you wondered how she could ever top this beautiful Christmas spent together. You knew she had her ways though and you were excited for all of them to come.