oops?

The sudden opening and closing of the door made you jump. You looked toward the door to find Lisa staring at you, looking slightly angered.

"Well that's one way to let me know that you're home." You joked but all she did was roll her eyes. "Okay. What's got you so upset? Did something happen today? Are you alright? Bad day?" Your rush of questions seemed to make her more annoyed.

"Something did happen, as a matter of fact."

You nodded for her to continue. Although you were certainly confused, you could tell something had happened and you were always happy to listen.

"You forgot!" She exclaimed.

You furrowed your eyebrows. "Forgot what?"

"Our date!" She whined. She wasn't looking so angry now. She seemed more frustrated and annoyed than anything else. "Don't you remember? We were gonna meet up at that cafe you love. We've had it planned for days."

You shook your head with a chuckle. "No. Lisa, that's tomorrow!"

"No. It was today..." she trailed off, eyes moving quickly as she tried to think back to your planned date. "Wasn't it? We said..."

"Friday." You finished for her. "We agreed on friday evening. I know that because we almost always have date nights on Friday's. We just had to change the last few around because they coincided with your schedule, which I understood."

She opened her mouth to say something but all that came out was a short breath before she closed it again. It hit her then. She looked down at her feet. Slightly ashamed at how she had been so quick to jump to conclusions. She could've called you! She could've texted you! But instead, she startled you by slamming the door and she almost raised her voice at you. It's so unlike her.

"I don't know how.. I thought it was today, I don't know how I got it confused." She mumbled to herself, gaze still settled on her feet on the floor.

She heard you sigh before you got up. Your touch was comforting to her racing brain when you dropped your hand to her arm. Your fingers brushed along her skin slowly but when she didn't look up at you you hooked your fingers under her chin and tilted it up.

Her beautiful brown eyes locked with yours. You swear you could get lost in them; stare into them endlessly.

"You've been busy. You've been overwhelmed and your schedule has been crazier than it's been in a long time. I understand that you lose track of your days or that you get mixed up." You brushed your fingertips along her shoulder. They were once heavy; filled with tension and stresses. But at the brush of your hand, she felt herself beginning to relax.

"Just because we have a date night tomorrow doesn't mean we can't have one tonight, too. If that's what you want."

You saw the glimmer in her eyes and watched as her lips slowly began to pull up. "Really?"

"Yeah. After you say that you're sorry." You teased.

"I'm sorry for overreacting. I won't barge in like that or just assume things. After all, we've been together for a while now and you've never let anything slip your mind when it comes to things like date nights or anniversaries."

You nodded as you looped your arms around her neck. "Exactly." You smiled, setting your forehead onto hers. "Now. What should we do tonight?"

She buried her face in your neck and breathed in the sweet scent of your body wash that still lingered on your skin. "Anything you want. I'm happy just to spend time with you!"

You stole a sweet kiss from her lips then took her hand to lead her to the couch. Head on her chest, you felt yourself relax when she put her arm around you to hold you close. You'd decide what to do in a bit, for now you just wanted to be close to her.