you give her a promise ring

Lisa sighed blissfully when your breath fanned against her cheek followed by the soft brush of your lips.

"Happy birthday!" You said excitedly before kissing all across her face making her giggle happily.

"Thank you! I can't think of a better way to spend it than with you." She cupped your cheeks and pulled you in for a kiss, one she hoped would last way longer than it really did.

"So, I wanna make this day entirely about you, my love. And I wanna start by giving you something special."

Lisa frowned a little when you climbed out of her arms and out of bed. You went over to your sock drawer in search of something special you got for her that you've been hiding there.

"I'm so excited to give you this!" You giggled and climbed back into bed with her. "Close your eyes!"

She did as you said, a wide smile appearing on her face when she felt you wrap your fingers around hers and brought her hand to your lips for a few soft kisses. She felt something cool being placed in her hand before you told her to open her eyes.

She gasped when she saw the beautiful ring in the palm of her hand. "Whoa... y/n, it's breathtaking," she whispered out in awe.

"Just like you. I went back and forth on what to get you for days but then I saw this and I just knew. It's a promise ring, and it says 'I love you'. Because I do. I love you so much."

Lisa looked up at you and then back down at her hand. You took the ring from her palm and slowly slid it onto her finger.

"And I promise that I'll always love you. You're not just my girlfriend, you're also my best friend, and nothing will ever change how important you are to me. I promise you."

Lisa looked at the ring and let out a tearful giggle as she twirled it around her finger. "This is the best gift anyone has ever given me before. It's so meaningful and so perfect. Like you are, baby. Thank you!"

You climbed into her lap and she hugged you tightly, planting a bunch of kisses to the side of your head. "I'm glad you love it. I love you a lot."

A warmth spread through her heart every time you said those words and every time she looked at that ring.

"I'm gonna be showing this off to everyone I know!" She giggled and hooked her fingers under your chin, bringing you in for a few more kisses. "This is already the best birthday of my life. I love you so much."

You brushed your fingers through her hair, twirling a few strands around your fingertips ever so gently. You saw the look of love in her eyes; the look that swam in your own eyes every time you looked at her.

"I love you too. Happy birthday, my girl. You deserve the world."