reunited (requested)

You took a deep breath as you gazed into the mirror that was in your dressing room backstage. Tonight, you're presenting an award at a major awards show and you're starting to get a little nervous.

It's not so much the idea of presenting the award that's making you nervous. You're on stage all the time since you're a performer. But it's more so the thought of who you'll be presenting the award to.

It's for song of the year and one of the nominees happens to be your ex-girlfriend, Lisa.

You're happy for her. Truly, you are. It's been over a year since you last saw each other... since you broke up.

She always talked about how much something like this would mean to her. Even though she adores being in BLACKPINK and the girls are her best friends, a solo was like a dream for her, because she wanted a chance to show the world what she's truly capable of.

Well, her dream has come true. She's doing amazing and it's nice seeing her accomplish so much.

But there's that thought in the back of your mind about how things might be between the two of you now that you've been apart for so long.

You can't help but wonder how you'd feel for her right now if you were still together and what it'd be like to be presenting that award, which you just know she's going to win, if she was still your girl.

It's a thought that creeps into your mind quite often.

You just can't help but wonder what would've happened had work and distance not come between the two of you. If you'd just said screw it and packed up all of your things and moved to Korea like you'd thought of doing so many times so the time zones and thousands of miles separating you would be no more.

A knock on the door snapped you out of your thoughts.

"Y/N?" A crew member knocked on the door, speaking from the other side. "We're ready for you. Are you ready to go present the award?"

"Yeah, I'm ready."

As ready as you'll ever be, anyway.

You opened the door and he led you through the backstage area. He handed you the award and the envelope before pulling back the curtain and nodding for you to go on out.

You took another deep breath and tried to smile despite your nervousness.

You walked on stage and fans started to scream loudly for you. You waved to them and quickly did your speech that you prepared about how excited and honored you felt to be able to present the award.

The video of the nominees began to roll and your heart started to pound when you saw your ex-girlfriend on the screen and heard her name.

You looked out to the crowd and found her sat in the front row. She was smiling from ear to ear as the fans screamed excitedly for her. Of course, they also screamed the loudest for her, too.

She looked at you, her eyes locking with yours from across the room.

Suddenly, the camera cut back to you, and you opened the envelope.

"And the winner for song of the year is... Lisa,"

People started to stand and clap for her as the fans continued to scream loudly. She waved to them as she climbed the steps and the closer she got to you, the more your heart hammered against your ribcage.

She looked beautiful...

Even more beautiful than she did when you were together, if that was even possible.

She tucked a lock of her hair behind her ear as she stood in front of you.

You both stared at each other for a moment before she pulled you in for a hug. The fans got even louder than before. Your relationship was so public since you're both famous and, sadly, your breakup was just as public.