I was just pranking you (requested)

"Hi, Lili!" You grinned at your girlfriend as she walked into the bedroom.

You could see by the look in her eyes that she wasn't feeling the best. She looked upset, not even a hint of a sparkle in those big brown eyes of hers or a bright beautiful smile tugging at her kissable lips like there usually is when she gets home to you.

She let out a heavy sigh as she walked to you, sitting down on her side of the bed before staring down at her lap without saying a word to you.

"Hey," you whispered and put your phone down, wanting to give her your undivided attention as you noticed that something was wrong. "What's going on? Why are you so down? Did you have a bad day?"

"You could say that." She said and you only furrowed your eyebrows in response. "Y/N, I have bad news."

"Oh, no." You sighed, feeling your heart sink just at the thought of getting bad news.

With the position your lovely girlfriend is in, bad news can mean anything due to how public her life is, and that's a little scary to think about sometimes.

"I'm listening."

"It's hard for me to say but there's going to be a lot going on soon and I'm not going to have any time to do anything but sleep and eat so, I think we need to break up."

You furrowed your eyebrows, not believing her for one second.

This isn't like Lisa. Even during the last comeback for the album, when she was the busiest she's ever been as far as throughout the time you've been together, she still managed to make time for you to spend together. Even if it wasn't long, you made things work.

You always make things work.

That's a promise you've made to each other. That no matter what may come, you'll always be there for each other and find ways to get some quality time together.

Knowing that Lisa is as serious as can be about your relationship, so much so that she's talking about marriage in the near future, you just knew she couldn't be telling you the truth.

It had to be a prank.

And you weren't going to tell her that you knew she wasn't telling the truth. You decided to play along instead, to see how far she'd take it.

"Break up?"

She nodded, pretending as though she was anxiously anticipating your reaction.

"Oh. Okay."

She stared at you in shock, completely baffled by your response.

It was the opposite of what she was expecting.

"Actually, Lisa, if I'm being honest - I'm so happy that you said that because I've been doing some thinking and I think we needed to take a break. I feel like this just isn't working anymore. So, I'm relieved to know it's not just me that wants to end things."

Her heart shattered in her chest, her eyes filling with tears.

"I can't believe this..." She mumbled quietly.

"Wow, I feel so much better." You sighed in relief, pretending as if you hadn't heard her. "I feel like a huge weight has been lifted from my chest. I was thinking that would be hard to say but you made it so much easier. Thanks, Lili."

"Stop!" She yelled in frustration and turned to stare at you, her lower lip trembling. "I can't believe what I'm hearing from you. You want to break up? For real?"

"You do too," you reminded her and she shook her head.

"No! No, I don't. I was just pranking you! I didn't actually mean it. Why would I want to break up with you? I love you!"

You burst into giggles a few seconds later, causing a sob to fall from her lips.

"No, no, no!" You pulled her into your arms upon hearing her cry. "Shh, Lisa, it's okay."

"It's not okay. You're leaving me."

"No, I'm not. Not ever."

She pulled away from you, gazing at you in confusion.

"I don't understand. You said-"

"Darling, I was just pranking you right back."

"That's terrible!" She scoffed. "Why would you do such a thing?"

"You started it!"

She laughed through her tears and you quickly wiped them away and put your forehead on hers.

"This was a horrible idea." She said and you nodded in agreement. "I thought you'd be the one crying, not me."

"Well, knowing how serious you are about our relationship I knew you couldn't be wanting to break up for real, especially not because you might be busy in the future. We got through you being incredibly busy before. We're still going strong now."

"I love you. I'm sorry for pranking you."

"I'm sorry for pranking you too and I love you more." You smiled before giving her a kiss and pulling her into your arms for a hug as she grumbled about how much she hates pranks, swearing that she didn't want to do one ever again.