sweet surprises (requested)

"I'm so sorry, my love. I know how much you were looking forward to going out tonight." Lisa said as she brushed her hand across your shoulder comfortingly.

You looked so sad and it broke her heart to see.

She's been just as excited as you were about your date night tonight.

It was the first one that you were going to have out for the last few weeks.

She promised you dinner at the spot in town that you both love and then anything else that you wanted to do.

She's been so busy but she's always made time for you, so your date nights lately have been spent inside with takeout and tv shows.

And as much as you love them, you were looking forward to going out and spending some time with her outside of the house.

But there was a bad storm coming and going out was much too risky.

"It's okay, Lili. It's not your fault." You said.

"Maybe we can still order some food. It's just raining lightly right now. The storm won't hit for another thirty minutes, so I'm sure we can get some food delivered before then."

"I'm tired of takeout." You sighed as you looked up at her, watching as she smiled at you before running her fingers through your hair. "But we can find something, I'm sure."

She nodded before an idea came to mind.

"Why don't you go upstairs and get a movie going and I'll meet you up there in a bit."

"Where are you going to be?" You frowned before she kissed your forehead softly.

"Nowhere. I just have an idea and I want to surprise you. So, go upstairs and wait for me. I'll just be a few minutes." She said as a sparkle appeared in her eyes.

"Okay." You said and shared a quick kiss before you headed upstairs, planning to find something to watch with her tonight.

And as soon as you reached the last step and turned the corner, Lisa went into the kitchen and began to look through the cupboards to try and find something special to make you.

She already had what she wanted to make you in mind. She just had to be sure that she had all of the ingredients to make it for you.

And she was so happy to see that she had everything for it.

She began to make it for you, humming quietly to herself as she cooked it all.

This particular dish happens to be your absolute favorite and she's only ever made it for you a couple of times before.

You often order it at the restaurant you go to, that one spot she was going to take you to tonight, but since you couldn't have it there, she'd make it for you here instead.

As she cooked, she listened to the sound of the pouring rain against the roof and watched the lightning strike as the storm hit.

The sky was dark, the clouds a dark grey, and she felt so grateful that she has you to hold onto through what she knew was going to be a bad storm tonight.

When she finished cooking, she turned the stove off and grabbed a plate for you.

Putting it on the plate, she carefully carried it up the stairs, gripping it a little tighter when the thunder clapped so loudly that it shook the house a little.

"Baby girl," She called out as she reached the bedroom, just about to enter. "I have a surprise for you."

"Yeah? What is it?" You asked as you sat up in bed, turning the volume of the show down to hear her a little better.

She walked into the room and once she stood close enough and you saw what was in her hands, your heart swelled with love in your chest.

"Here you go, my love. Dinner is served."

You took the plate from her and your mouth watered over how delicious it looked and smelled.

Lifting your head to look at Lisa, your heart fluttered over the sight of her looking so proud of herself and so happy.

"Taste it! Tell me how it turned out." She grinned and watched you pick up your fork to put a few bites of the food in your mouth.

Unsurprisingly, it tasted amazing.

"Whoaa, Lisa. This is so good."

"Yeah? You mean it?"

You nodded as you ate a few more bites.

"I was hoping it would help to cheer you up. I know how bummed you felt that we couldn't go out. I know it's not the same as the one in the restaurant but I'm happy that you like it nonetheless."

"Oh, baby," you sighed before patting her side of the bed.

Putting your fork down on the plate, you took her hands into yours and stared into her soft brown eyes.

"You're right. It's not the same."

She looked a little sad at your words.

"It's even better. I mean that wholeheartedly. It tastes even more incredible than the one I order at the restaurant. It's delicious and it's so special because you made it for me."

"Really?" She asked as another smile tugged at her lips, her eyes lighting up.

"Yes. Lisa, I was only bummed about not going out because it's been so long since we've had the chance but there will always be other days for that. I'm happy that we're staying in for the night. I have delicious food cooked by my beautiful girlfriend and I get to curl up with you all night, talking and making out, maybe."

"I like that idea." She giggled, making you do the same.

"It's just as special being home with you for date nights. I'm just thankful we get to have them."

"Me too." She said.

You picked your fork back up and instead of putting it into your mouth, you put it up to Lisa's lips instead.

She parted them, allowing you to put the food into her mouth, and she moaned in delight over how good it tasted.

"Wow, I did a good job." She grinned proudly.

"Yes, you did, sweet girl. It's amazing. Come on, share more of it with me." You said, kissing her cheek lovingly.

You moved into her arms, sharing your food with her, thankful that the night turned out like this instead because you actually enjoyed it much more than going out.