she thinks you're cheating (requested)

"Lisa!" You called out as you walked inside after your fun, eventful day. You looked around, finding her standing at the kitchen counter, her phone unlocked and her eyes glued to the screen. "Hey. How was your day, babe?"

She scoffed, a fake smile following it. "Why don't you tell me how your day was instead, babe."

You were taken aback by how upset she seemed to be, judging by the tone of her voice. But you didn't think much of it, simply standing at the counter across from her.

"Pretty great actually. I went out with,"

"I already know who you went out with, y/n! The photos are already spread across social media and different websites! They're spreading like wildfire!" She yelled in frustration as she slid her phone across the counter and over to you.

The photos were already loaded, different names splattered across the top from different news sources that must've secretly captured the shots without you noticing. You had an explanation, of course. You wouldn't ever do what you were certain she was accusing you of.

"You two seem pretty friendly. Giving lingering hugs and laughing together a lot." She said, arms folded across her chest and her jaw clenched.

"I know you're not accusing me of cheating on you!"

"What am I supposed to think? You were gone before I even woke up and I tried to get ahold of you,"

"I was gone before you woke up because you slept in because you needed to catch up on sleep! For the record, my phone died while I was out!" You snapped back at her, shaking your head with a scoff. "You should know better than to think I cheated and to believe rumors. You've been the headline of a few outrageous ones a few times, haven't you?"

She stared at her painted nails that rested on the cool countertop.

"You know who she is? My cousin! I haven't seen her in a while and she came to visit! Of course I'm gonna be hugging her, she's my cousin and I haven't seen her in so long. I missed her!"

She was silent. Her eyes were side, her teeth in her cheek as she bit on it as she tried to think of what to do and what to say.

"I can't believe that you believed a bunch of headlines over your own girlfriend. I love you so much! You're my whole world. You really think I'd cheat on you?"

She was silent for a moment before letting out a sad sigh and shaking her head.

"Of course I don't, y/n. I don't know why my mind went there. I jumped to conclusions and that is so unfair to you. I'm so sorry." She spoke sadly, staring at her bare feet. "I'm just scared to lose you. I've always been afraid you'd grow tired of everything that comes along with our relationship, like the rumors and the hate. I guess I just panicked when I saw the headlines and the photos. I just thought maybe you'd found someone better."

"Better than you, my girl?" You spoke softly when you stood in front of her. Taking her chin in the palm of your hand, you tilted it up so she'd look at you. Your forehead fell onto hers, a sad smile tugging at her lips. "That's just not possible. There's no one better than you. I love you. Please don't ever jump to conclusions, especially when you should know that I'd never do anything like that to you."

She put her arms around you and pressed kisses a few soft kisses to your lips.

"I love you."

"Love you too, baby." You whispered and hugged her close.

"Can I meet your cousin?'

You chuckled against her neck, kissing her skin lovingly.

"I know she'd love that, and so would I, my love."