you're scared of vomiting

It pained Lisa to see you this way.

To see you trembling as you dry heaved. To see you feeling so miserable and to hear each and every pained whimper that continued to fall from your lips. Your stomach ached and she tried to rub it to try to soothe it, but it was bringing you no relief.

The only thing that would bring you relief was the one thing you were adamant about not doing. Fighting back the urge so greatly that it only made you feel worse; if that was possible at this point in time.

Your skin was feverish and clammy. Beads of sweat continued to fall down your forehead. Lisa has never seen you this way before. It hurt to see you like this and to see you so scared and so sick.

She tied your hair back for you to bring it out of your face. She left little kisses along the back of your neck as she rubbed your back and shoulder blades soothingly. "Y/N, you need to let it out." She coaxed but all she got from you in response was a shake of your head.

She sighed, unsure of what to say or do. She knows you're scared. She knows that vomiting is one of your worst fears. But she can see you're growing tired and you're only feeling worse with every minute that went by. Fighting it was doing you no good.

"I know you're scared but you need to let it all go. Please, y/n. I can tell you don't feel good and all I wanna do is help you and take care of you. I wanna get you back into bed under the covers and hold you till you fall asleep. I want you to feel better. But you won't until you stop fighting it."

She rubbed your back when she heard you whine. Your mouth was watering once again. Your stomach was turning. It was clear that it was coming yet again.

"Please. You won't feel better till you let it all out. I'll be right here with you, I promise."

And with that, you were hanging your head over the toilet to throw up.

"That's it. It's alright, y/n. Just let it all out." She whispered and coaxed you through it the best she could. She knew that this moment had to be a really scary one for you and she wanted to let you know she was there with you. She was gonna comfort you the best she possibly could.

It took a few minutes until you seemed to stop completely. You took a few deep breaths and let them go shakily.

"I've got you." She said and reached around you to flush the toilet for you. "Feel any better?"

"A little." You mumbled. "I don't feel like I'm gonna be sick anymore."

She was so relieved to hear that.

"Can we go to bed now?"

You turned around slowly, head falling straight to her chest. You were so tired, so drained of all of your energy that you felt as though you could fall asleep right then and there.

"Absolutely. Can you brush your teeth real fast?"

You nodded and slowly stood on your shaky legs. They nearly gave out from underneath you but you managed to stand with Lisa's help.

You brushed your teeth quickly, ridding your mouth of that horrible taste before you rinsed out your mouth and turned off the light. Leaning on Lisa, you started to make your way to the bed.

You laid down and Lisa tucked you in. She made sure you had some water and the trash can was close enough to you that if you needed to get sick anymore you wouldn't have to leave the bed.

She then climbed into bed next to you and your head fell to her shoulder. "Thank you for being there with me. It means a lot to me." You told her as your eyes fluttered shut. You were exhausted, and understandably so.

"I'll always be here for you, y/n. You know I'm not going anywhere and definitely not when you need me the most. I love you. Try to get some rest."

"Okay. Love you too, Lisa."

She kissed your forehead and watched as you drifted off to sleep. "Sweet dreams, y/n. Sleep well. I hope you feel better soon." She said and let her head fall against yours. She quickly drifted off to sleep with you in her arms.