sleep it off (requested)

Lisa felt disappointed when she walked through the door after her busy day in the studio to find the living room empty.

It's the second day she's arrived home like this. To find your car parked in the driveway but you nowhere in sight.

She walked upstairs to your shared room and let out a heavy sigh when she saw that you were still sleeping.

"Y/N," she grumbled as she walked to you. "Babe, it's six in the evening. You can't keep sleeping. You won't be able to sleep tonight."

She shook your shoulder but you just groaned and pulled the blanket over your head.

"Baby, I love you, but you can't sleep all day. You barely got out of bed yesterday. How about today? Have you even gotten up to get water or use the bathroom or brush your teeth?"

"No," you mumbled before coughing into your elbow. "I don't have the energy."

She had to admit - she was a little upset before. But hearing the misery in your voice and seeing how weak you were instantly changed her mood, shifting her anger to concern.

"What's wrong?"

"I'm coming down with something. I'm under so much stress from everything and it's draining me mentally and physically. I don't feel good. I can barely move."

"Let me feel your forehead, baby." She spoke softly and moved so she could lay her hand on your skin.

It was hot against the back of her hand.

"You're burning up." She mumbled sadly. "Why didn't you tell me you weren't feeling well? I would've come home right away."

"It only really started to hit me today. I've been sleeping it off. I haven't stayed awake much."

"And you didn't tell me that you were this stressed out either." She sighed as she rubbed your shoulder comfortingly, only to feel how tense you felt.

"It's been tough. I'm trying to push through but I've felt overwhelmed and it's caught up to me."

"I'm sorry, my love. We'll get through it together. We'll have a little talk later when you're feeling up to it, and we'll talk about everything stressing you out and how I can help you through it."

You couldn't help but smile. She's so sweet and sometimes you wonder how you got so lucky.

"I'm so sorry that I got mad." She said as she kissed your forehead lingeringly.

"You didn't know."

"I know. I'm sorry. Let me make it up to you. I'll take care of you. How about I make you some soup?"

"You sure you can do that without burning the house down?"

"Haha, very funny." She teased and playfully poked your cheek. "I love you." She smiled and gave you a little kiss on your forehead. "Go back to sleep. I'll be up in a few minutes with your soup."

"Love you, Lisa. Thank you."

"You're welcome. I'll take good care of you. Just sleep it off for now."

She walked out of the room, swearing to herself that she'd take great of you until you were healthy and feeling like yourself again.