mistletoe

You stared out the window, watching the snow fall on the ground as you unpacked the box of things you'd need for the tree. Holiday music played, sending a warm feeling through your heart; one that only grew every time you'd hear Lisa singing along to some of the words.

On the first of many nights you get to spend together this holiday season, it seemed like the perfect idea to decorate the house. You were in charge of the tree while Lisa was hanging the stockings above the fireplace and hanging decorations throughout the house.

You wrapped the garland around the tree and heard Lisa calling your name over the Christmas song.

"Y/n!"

"Yeah?"

"Come see!" She said, walking into the room and over to you. You protested as she took your hand, speaking about how you had to fix the branches on the tree. But she wasn't taking no for answer, simply shaking her head with a laugh.

Dropping your hand, she hugged you from behind and covered your head in kisses.

"It can wait. This only take a minute. Trust me, you're gonna love it!"

"Okay, here!" She said and stopped walking. Her arms still around you, she watched you raise your eyebrow in confusion. "Look up, cutie."

You did as she said, finding mistletoe hung above your head.

You looked back at her, finding her staring at you with stars in her eyes and the biggest, brightest smile on her face. She closed her eyes and puckered her lips.

"Wait,"

She whined and opened her eyes. She pouted her lips but it didn't stay long, because you soon wrapped your arms around her neck and you were so close to her that she could feel your heartbeat against her chest.

"I just wanna say thank you. I know Christmas is still a couple of weeks away but you're already making it really special for me, and I just want you to know how thankful and happy I am to be spending it with you."

"You're welcome." She smiled, but she was growing impatient. Desperate to feel your lips on hers, she playfully rolled her eyes and said, "Well? Are you gonna kiss me or not?"

You watched her eyes close before yours did the same. You leaned in for a kiss, warm lips hitting hers and moving in perfect sync with her own. She tightened her arms around you, feeling as though her head was in the clouds as she melted into your kiss and the taste of your lips.

"I love you so much." She whispered. "Happy early Christmas, baby girl."

"You too, Lili." You mumbled before kissing her again.