remember me - part one (requested)

Lisa ran through the emergency room doors as the girls followed behind her. Her heart was pounding in her chest and her hands were shaking from the anxiety she felt.

The call she got from the hospital just a few minutes away was so scary. She rushed out of practice as soon as she got the call and the girls followed along, knowing she'd need some support.

She ran right to the desk, rambling quickly about how a nurse had called and told her she needed to come down because you'd been in an accident.

When the nurse told her there was no update and you were still in surgery, she panicked.

"Just take a seat. I'll let you know if I hear anything." The nurse explained and Lisa felt crushed over her words.

The girls helped her to a seat in the empty waiting room.

Lisa hung her head with tears in her eyes as she tried to remember the simple things that were running through her worried brain.

She left for practice so early this morning. It was about five am and she had to wake you up. She kissed you before she left... but she told you she loves you, right?

She couldn't remember. She was freaking out, worrying if that might've been the last kiss she'd share with you.

"Lisa, take a deep breath," Jennie whispered as she, Rosie, and Jisoo all comforted her.

"She's going to be okay," Jisoo said as a tear fell down Lisa's cheek.

"What if she isn't? What if I lose her? I can't lose her." She cried.

"Lisa, you won't. She's a tough girl, she'll be okay." Rosé said as she squeezed Lisa's hand in comfort.

But Lisa didn't feel any better until the doctor came to her side, giving her the good news that you were alive.

"See, Lili. She'll be alright." Jisoo said, hugging Lisa in comfort, who smiled a little through her tears of relief.

"Can I see her? I need to see her!"

"Of course. Follow me." The doctor said and Lisa followed him down the hall.

Lisa walked quickly, wanting to get to you as fast as she could, and when they stopped at your door after going up an elevator and walking down some long hallways, she felt tears in her eyes yet again.

"She didn't have too many injuries, but she did have a broken leg and wrist, so we did surgery on it. And she has whiplash. She hit her head pretty hard in the crash, so we're not sure what she'll be like when she wakes up. She was pretty out of it when she was brought in so we didn't have a chance to ask her many questions."

Lisa didn't think too much about the last part.

She thought it'd be something you could easily work through together.

She took your hand into hers and sat down beside you. Just a moment later, you opened your eyes, and Lisa's gasp caught the doctor's attention.

"Hello, y/n. You're finally awake, huh?" He asked as he shined a light into your eyes.

You groaned over the brightness and Lisa reached over to stroke your cheek.

"Hey, baby. I'm so happy you're okay!"

The look on your face was so not what she expected to see when your eyes met. You furrowed your eyebrows, gazing at her in confusion.

"Are you okay, my love?"

"Why are you holding my hand?" You asked.

"Because I feel like I need to after everything that just happened." She chuckled. "Do you not want me to?"

"Not when I have no idea who you are." You said and pulled your hand out of hers.

Her heart dropped.

She and the doctor exchanged a look of worry.

"You don't know who this is?" The doctor asked and watched you look at Lisa again.

"No. I don't know her." You said and Lisa's eyes stung with tears.

"What?"

"Okay, Lisa. I'm going to talk to you real quick." The doctor said and stepped out of the room with her.

"Why doesn't she recognize me?"

"I think when she hit her head she lost her memory."

The doctor's words terrified her.

"Well, she'll remember me, right?"

"Yeah... hopefully. In time."

Lisa tangled her fingers through her hair and began to cry.

What was she going to do? You have no idea who she is. How is she supposed to bring your memory of her back?

"Go back downstairs with your friends. I'll try to see where she's at mentally and let you know how much she remembers."

Lisa sniffled but did as the doctor said.

When she got downstairs with the girls, they pulled her in for hugs as she sobbed, telling them what was going on.

They tried to console her and give her hope but it wasn't doing much to help.

She wasn't sure what to do but she was determined to make you remember her, somehow.