Day 95

Don't look for God's anointing in your flesh, instead look for God's anointing in your spirit.

We have different annointings and callings, sometimes we don't follow our callings because we are afraid to try, we are afraid to fail, we are afraid because we always think we cannot do what God really wanted us to do. It's normal to feel that way, to feel so unsure, but if we really have faith in God, we should go through no matter how hard our anointing or calling is.

In the bible, some of the prophets responded heartily to God's calling, just like David. He is successful in his battles because God tells him so and he followed every lovely commands of the Lord. He is sometimes called as the man after God's own heart, we can be like David too. He is the son of Jesse who became the King of the United Kingdom of Israel and Judah. Like us, David go on in life with highs and lows. Yet, after all the struggles, he remain to be a brave warrior and commited himself to God. Remember when he fought against Goliath? he credited God for all that he have done to him and for conquering the giant. Moreover, like us, King David committed sin also and that is adultery. David repented his sin but his child died as a consequence of his sin.

It is an aye opener for us that just like David, we can respond heartily to the callings of God. But how do we really know if we are called out by him? "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations." ( Jeremiah 1:5 ESV).

First, a calling is Gods invitation, it is too personal so that we will able to carry out unique task, purpose, and learn in life. God's calling is not a joke. To know our calling, we must have a personal relationship with him. God only reveals himself to those who are willing enough to respond to his calling. We are guided by the Holy Spirit in carrying out God's calling on us. A lot of us are mistakenly thought that our Job and Career is our calling. Our job will end, just like a ministry ,who can possibly end. Rather, it is an instrument to our calling. It doesnt mean that if we have job then we earn money we are successful already.

God doesn't measure our success in money. Yes, money is everything to us but God is not interested in money, he is interested more in how we are doing the task he has given us, he is more concerned with the motives of our hearts and minds. Our mission and God annointed calling will stay with us until we are called home to our home which is Heaven. We can be sure of God's calling by praying, reading the bible "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness" (2 Timothy 3:16), meditating the word, listening, chitchatting with Godly friends and we have different spiritual gifts given by God which we can use for our calling.

Above all, God is calling us to take a leap of faith everyday. Take time to reflect with these verses: "We have different gifts, according to the grace given us. If a man's gift is prophesying, let him use it in proportion to his faith. If it is serving, let him serve; if it is teaching, let him teach; if it is encouraging, let him encourage; if it is contributing to the needs of others, let him give generously; if it is leadership, let him govern diligently; if it is showing mercy, let him do it cheerfully." (Romans 12:6-8 NIV).

Prayer:

Lord God, lead me by the hand and take me where you wanted me to go. I will heartily respond to your calling and I will patiently seek you with all my heart and soul. Lord, give me the courage and confidence to carry out my annointed task. I have a mission and that is with a pupose. You never fail to amaze me and thank you for annointing me. I am willling to serve you. I love you Lord. Amen.