Day 133

The more we encounter Jesus the more we get attached to Him.

Have you encountered Jesus today? cause if not, Jesus is always ready to welcome you in his arms if you are willing enough to listen to him. Are you willing to lend your ear? to open your heart? to renew your life? to give up everything just for him?

In the area of our spirituality, sometimes we feel that we are spiritually empty, we are lost and tired. We have no interest anymore in the word of God. We don't want to read his word, we are lazy enough to meditate. The truth is, instead of longing for more intimate relationship with Jesus, we are more stuck in the things in the world. We make barriers not to tighten more our relationship with God, we find ways to avoid him where in fact the more we encounter him the more blessed we are. They are hindrances also that alter our relationship and close encounter with God.

If we read the story of Isaiah in the Bible, he had a great commission, he goes to the temple and unexpectedly the Lord showed up in his gaze. We too can encounter Jesus. We may encounter him in our home, in the street, in the church and anywhere but it will be unusual and unexpected because it can be in a dramatic way, emotional, tragic but you know that you have encounter God because it's his voice whom you're hearing, its his presence that you feel.

Just keep on focusing on God's voice and not the voices of the world. Listen to the words he's been telling you, pray to him. Many want to encounter Jesus, the truth is we encounter him everywhere and anywhere, we are just too deaf to hear because we focus more on the things that are not important, the things that does not favor life. God wanted to talk with us, we are just the ones who make so multitudes of barriers upon hearing his word. Let us remind ourselves then that, "But from there you will seek the Lord your God and you will find him, if you search after him with all your heart and with all your soul" (Deuteronomy 4:29 ESV). We must be overwhelmed by his greatness and holiness. Live in faith and not by sight, We must be bonded in God, not in the world.

We must tighten our relationship with him not tighten our relationship with the world. If you want to encounter God, begin today, have an intimate relationship with Him. Make yourself available to him. Don't make an excuse to God. He loves you and is always ready to hear from you. God is always ready to speak in our lives.

Prayer:

Lord Jesus, I will wait for your instructions, I will listen to your words. I want to know you more and more. Sorry if I've been deaf to your call, shame on me Lord but I solemnly repent all my unworthy ways to you. I want to get attached to you, to more intimately in love with you. Amen.