Day 122

Don't do anything from selfish ambition. Be humble toward one another.

Selfish ambitions leads to self destruction. It is not good for man to be selfish. We are given by God with given capabilities, but it doesn't mean that we hoard our capabilities to others. Share your ideas to others, be cheerful on giving what you have. Being selfish lead only to nothing. It is better to have an ambition full of hospitality to others rather than being meek "Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others." (Philippians 2:3-4 ESV). Be humble and accept one another in love. We are not born perfect, but because of our imperfections we are keen to see that our weaknesses don't define us. Yes, we all have ambitions, we all have dreams but if that dream is only for our vain interventions, conceited reasons, then it will cause to our downfall and selfish people lose so much in life.

What shall we do to erase our selfishness? Seek God, let selfishness vanish in your mentality, instead let humility reign in your heart and mind. Learn to consider others. Lower down yourselves because we are all equal, we are all created by God as unique with talents and gifts. Don't think that you are better than others. People must learn to know that, we affect others, so be mindful of the things you do today. Selfishness crates strife not love. Let's lower down our pride. Change and renew your mind everyday. In Luke 9:23 Jesus said "Then he said to the crowd, 'If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross daily, and follow me."

Prayer:

Lord Jesus, now I know and realize that following our my own selfish desires opens the doors for many terrible sinful actions. Lord forgive me if there are times that I've been inconsiderate to others. Change me oh God, renew me. Amen.