Day 177

If you give something to a needy person, do not make a big show of it.

God teaches us to be merciful and helpful to the needy. Some do it heartily and some are just obliged to do it, some only do it just for a show, while some out of good intentions. God teaches us charity and this charity should be come out of love not just to let other praise you for your generosity and kindness. Same as with going to the church, we go to church to PRAY, GLORIFY ,PRAISE, WORSHIP, GIVE THANKS to God, but our hearts are really far away from him cause after we go to church we don't apply what we learn from the word of God. "So when you give something to a needy person, do not make a big show of it, as the hypocrites do in the houses of worship and on the streets. They do it so that people will praise them. I assure you , they have already been paid in full." (Matthew 6:2 TEV).

God who sees us privately doing charity will reward us for what we have done (Read Matthew 6:3-4 TEV). Help others in such a way that you please GOD, JESUS and the HOLY SPIRIT and not MAN.

Prayer:

Lord Jesus, true charity comes from the outpouring love within me. I do it to help others, I don't live to be praised by other people. I live to please only you. I praise you oh Lord God! Amen