Day 147

Your beauty should consist of your true inner self.

Beauty is relative. Everyone has it's own expressions of beauty. In other countries , the longer the neck the more beautiful you are, the more piercing you have the more beautiful you are. Here in the world we have medias definition of beauty, some says beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The truth is, everyone have inner beauty but not everyone appreciate that they are beautiful. God didn't make us as a junk . We are uniquely beautiful with each other. It is easy to compare ourselves to one another, we lack confidence sometimes because we cannot be them, they are more beautiful, more sexier, more tanned, more skinny, they are fat, they can carry themselves with confidence. Moreover, true beauty is emphasized in the bible---"Do not let your adorning be external-the braiding of hair and the putting on of gold jewelry, or the clothing you wear- but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious." (1 Peter 3:3-4 ESV).

We are all fearfully and wonderfully made (Psalm 139:14 ES). We look more on the outward appearance but God looks at the heart. Let us not judge also people who have ailments and sickness, they are beautiful even if they are sick, even the disabled ones, they are beautiful. We are not perfect enough to judge the beauty of each other. This world is vain, but remember that true beauty lies within. Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God. Whatever beauty you have today, appreciate it, you are beautiful because God tells you so. "I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well." (Psalms 139:14)

Prayer:

Lord Jesus, thank you for creating me wonderfully. True beauty lies from within not from outward appearance. I may have not enough confidence in myself, thank you for telling me to be positive in life. My beauty comes from you and I will treasure it cause it's a lovely gift I appreciate. Amen.