Day 129

He desires our actions to reflect His nature more than our words.

According to studies , A woman uses about 20,000 words per day while a man uses about 7,000. We speak words and utter them not knowing we could hurt or disgrace anyone. Some of us use words to inspire, some to encourage and some to destroy. Everyday, we must choose our words wisely. The more we talk the more we are likely to sin, If we are wise we should keep quiet. Remember that the results of our actions speaks louder than our words. Same as when you say "I LOVE JESUS", you say it a million times but does your actions tell it too? In Titus 1:16, it is clearly stated that " They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate."

Brothers and Sisters, God desires that our actions must be louder than that of words. It's okay to speak, it's okay to express oneself but let us counsel ourselves if the words that come out in our mouth can curse or could bless others. The words we utter are like dagger and knife, it can cause trouble and pain to somebody. Let us set an example, reading the bible... yes we memorize a lot of verses, sayings from God, we even preach it but it useless without even applying it in real life. it is of no use if we say, oh I memorize everything in the bible but actions is a total fail. You're words mean nothing when the action is opposite.

"But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was. But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed." James 1:22-25

Prayer:

Lord Jesus, thank you for teaching me not to love in word, but by action and deeds with faith. Faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead. Amen.