Day 121

A righteous man regards the life of his animal.

Do you own and have a pet? Is it a dog? a fish? a cat? a bear? a panda? a dolphin? whatever pet you have right now, God love's all his creation including our pets but sad to say, animal cruelty arise here and there. It is not pleasing to God if we pursue such act, animals have feelings too like humans. They easily get hurt and is vulnerable to sickness and harm. In Genesis 1:26, animals are not created by God just for fun "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creep-eth upon the earth."

What is animal cruelty by the way? It is the act of human infliction causing suffering to animals. Millions of animals are being abused everyday. We may never knew it but people use animals for fun, shed off their fur, make crush videos of puppies, rats, used zoo-sadism for personal amusement. It is awful to see that we treat animals inhumanely. According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), killing, harming, or threatening to harm animals are weapons used by abusers to manipulate victims into silence and to destroy the comfort animals provide. Animal cruelty is not just an issue but needs to be addressed. What if we are tortured inhumanely by others, what would you feel? Hurt right? we need to take care of all the animals created by God. Our animals also need love and care. They need protection and they need shelter. Don't act such cruelty if you don't want to be punished by God. You are also his creation, give importance to the animals around you.

Above all, We can learn spiritual lessons from animals. "But now ask the beasts, and they will teach you; and the birds of the air, and they will tell you; Or speak to the earth, and it will teach you; and the fish of the sea will explain to you. Who among all these does not know that the hand of the Lord has done this, In whose hand is the life of every living thing, and the breath of all mankind?" Job 12-7-10. If we really value animals, we should show them love because love is from God; everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, for God is love.

Prayer:

Father in Heaven all the animals you created is a gift from your mighty hands. It is our sole duty to bring them no harm. They are special creatures that needs to be nurtured and not played. Amen.