Day 143

I will bless those who bless you, But I will curse those who curse you.

Have you ever curse someone in your entire life? then you should know by now that it is not good to curse anybody. Sometimes in our life, we are abused by the people around us, we are being backfired, we are being pulled down, we are cursed, we are being talked to and the first thing that pops out in our minds is to strike back and seek revenge. Revenge brings no Good. God said that we should love our enemies... "Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbor, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you" (Matthew 5:43-44). Many people are struggling now because they are wounded by others. Some may took weeks, months and some may take years to heal. So instead of throwing an insult or verbal assault to anyone. Be a blessing and break the bondage of curses.

We need to set free ourselves from the bondages that was thrown upon us. The words they say, the curses can sting a person for a lifetime and we need to let go of the stings so that it will not create anymore anger and bitterness in our hearts. Once there was a girl who was insulted by her professor saying "your not worthy of my time!", "you don't know how to write!", "your useless!", "your worthless!", these words sting to her until such time that it created bitterness in her heart. Until then she realizes that she can't focus anymore in her studies. She had flunking grades, just because of that bad compliment, one's life can be ruined so instead of saying nasty words to anyone, consult yourself first, you are not perfect enough to say that to anyone. Everybody is special. God created us with capabilities but we have no right to look down on anyone.

The girl was in bondage because she herself cursed her professor, but she prayed to God that the bondage will set her free. So instead of cursing back her professor, she use the power to bless. She prayed for the welfare of his professor. God doesn't wanted us to be revilers, he wanted us to bless one another. Revilers will not inherit the kingdom of God ( I Corinthians 6:9-10). Don't ever tell anybody how useless or worthless they are, instead tell them that they are worthy of life. We are all worthy of life, we don't deserve to be treated harshly by others. If you are being insulted, then let it go, it's their opinion, what they tell about you is not your reality its their reality, it's not God's opinion anyway so why bother? "Cast your burden on the LORD, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved." (Psalms 55:22). Therefore let those who suffer according to God's will entrust their souls to a faithful Creator while doing good.

(The Girl in the story is Me)

Prayer:

Father in Heaven, My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Amen.