Day 176

My love for you is too strong.

The Book of Hosea is one of the most interesting stories in the Bible. Prophet Hosea preached in the Northern Kingdom of Israel. He is very much concerned with the idolatry and faithlessness of the people of Israel. Hosea's wife Gomer had been unfaithful to him and so with his children. Gomer worships idols rather than God and she didn't even acknowledge God for what the Lord has given to her. If there would be unfaithful Gomer, then there would be unfaithful Israel. People have insincere repentance, the people become rebellious, The Lord even accused Israel: "There is no faithfulness or love in the land, and the people do not acknowledge me as God." (Hosea 4:1 TEV). The Lord even condemns pagan worship, "They ask for revelations from a piece of wood! A stick tells them what they want to know! They have left me, like a woman who becomes a prostitute, they have given themselves to other God's." (Hosea 4:12 TEV) .

Then the Lord plan to take Gomer into the desert and win her back with words of Love. But a midst the rebellious nature of God's people, he still loves them. The most remarkable words from the Lord which comes from the book of Hosea is this: "How can I give you up, Israel? How can I abandon you? Could I ever destroy you as I did Admah, or treat you as I did Zeboiim? My heart will not let me do it! My love for you is too strong. I will not punish you in my anger; I will not destroy Israel again. For I am God and not a mere human being. I, the Holy One, am with you. I will not come to you in anger." (Hosea 11:8-9 TEV). See how God loves his people? that's how God love's us, even if we have done him many wrongs, his love for us is too strong. We deserve to be ashamed of ourselves, God loves us but we keep on turning away from him, we keep on doing our own wicked ways, we make ourselves as an Israel, we do useless and destructive things. Prophet Hosea then plea to Israel to return to the Lord. He plead to the Israelites that their sins will make them stumble and fall.

The Book of Hosea shows us that, whatever happens in our life let us remain faithful to God. Our unfaithfulness will only bring us into disaster. Let us don't wait for God's wrath. Let us flee ourselves from idolatry, a heart which is very deceitful, stubborn as wild donkeys, dishonest, being rebellious. We should always be sincere in asking for repentance. Let us stay close to God always. Let us dedicate everything to God.. "The Lord says, "I will bring my people back to me. I will love them with all my heart; no longer am I angry with them." (Hosea 14: 4 TEV). The Lord's ways are right and righteous people live by following them, but sinners stumble and fall because they ignore them.

Prayer:

Lord God, you are the source of all blessings, how strong your love for us Lord, I am very disgusted with myself for hurting you always with my own wicked ways. Your love changes me. Forgive me Lord for I am wrong, I repent and I ask for your forgiveness. Change me Lord. Sorry for all. Amen.