Day 202

The Lord knows those who are HIS.

Isn't it amazing to hear God saying "You are mine"? but let us examine ourselves first , do I deserve to be called as His?

Let us account the story of Hymeneus and Philetus in the bible, who are they? they are biblical figures who fell into the heresy of denying the true doctrine. They are the opponent of apostle Paul. They spread false doctrines, taught that "the resurrection is past already," and there's no future Resurrection. They upset the faith of some believers, and they do profane and foolish discussions who drew people away from God.

"The Lord knows who are his and those who say that they belong to the Lord must turn away from wrongdoing." (2 Timothy 2: 19 ESV). Hymenues and Philetus story is an example of a story that should be reflected in all of us, they have left away the truth, we may claim to know God, to preach his word but he knows our hearts, our plans, our deepest intentions. If your intention is to drag away people from God, then your not worthy to be called as His own after all, you are just deceiving anyone to believe on your false teachings. Be an approved worker in the eyes of God not a disproved one. Keep away from foolish and ignorant arguments just as what apostle Paul encountered. "Avoid the passions of youth, and strive for righteousness, faith, love and peace, together with those who with a pure heart call out to the Lord for help." (2 Timothy 2;22 ESV).

Prayer:

Lord Jesus, I will do my best to win your approval, I am a worker who is not ashamed of your work and I correctly teaches your truth. Amen.